title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Constantly Retrying CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Constantly Retrying CD

The utility removes all traces of dBpoweramp.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bjast
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2011

Hey Spoon:

I did as you said and completely removed dBpoweramp - using the internet script in your link. Reinstalled it, and then I ripped a CD to AIFF format. When I went to eject the CD, unfortunately, the CD the drive did the same thing - 10 times ... 100 CDs = 1000 load cycles of the drive. ouch!

I'm willing to try anything you suggest, as I think dBpoweramp is the best ripper out there.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try ejecting the CD using the right click in explorer on the drive >> eject
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bjast
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2011

Good suggestion.

Tried it, and it ejected with no problem.

Hmm

Comment

• bjast
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Mar 2011

Just to give you a heads-up, I've further pursued this issue and have found that the constant recycling of the CD drive takes place while the time dial is showing in dbpoweramp - prior to the "Insert Audio CD Into" dialog box returning.

This suggests to me that dbpoweramp is part of the process during the recycling issue. That coupled with the fact that manually ejecting the disc using Explorer does not produces the problem. There seems to be something dbppoweramp is either triggering or expecting while the drive is repeatedly recycling.

Hopefully, this will help track down why this is happening.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp will try to eject multiple times if the drive says it has not managed to eject the CD, and of the 4000 drives in existance only a handful of faulty drives would not correctly report the disc status.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bjast
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Mar 2011

Thanks for your response, and your patience while I try and resolve this.

When you say “if the drive says it has not managed to eject the CD”, how does the drive “say” this? Is there some way of checking that the computer software is sending the correct signal to dbpoweramp?

The computer I'm using dbpoweramp on is new, and if this is a hardware issue I'd like to resolve it under warranty. I understand your point about 4000 drives not having this problem …

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It is an SCSI status code, if you can try to update the firmware of the drive, replacing the drive with another drive will not help as it is possibly a software issue on the firmware of the drive.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tommay
                    • Nov 2013

I am experiencing exactly the same thing on my iMac running CD Ripper v19 using Windows XP running inside OS 10.6.8 using Parallels Desktop. The 'Insert Audio CD' dialogue box is always present and it simply keeps trying to find a CD. The only setting i have changed recently was 'Prevent auto-run on all CD drives'. Before that it was fine. Unchecking this option stops the problem, but leaves me with no control over Windows attempting to take action when i insert a CD. Maybe this will help pin the problem down?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

R15 (in the test section of this forum) should solve this issue.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>