title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC-R15.3-Ref-Registered.exe will not start

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brunzeg
    • Jul 2015

dMC-R15.3-Ref-Registered.exe will not start

I installed a new hard disk on my PC, so I need to re-install dbpoweramp I purchased in 03-2014. I downloaded today the dMR-R15.3-Ref-Registered.exe from the dBpoweramp website, but when I click on the downloaded file, nothing starts. when I look at the programs/processes running (via CTRL-DEL, task list), I don't see any program like dbpoweramp running or installation program...
    what can I do to re-install my purchased product ? I'm working on PC with Windows Vista
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: dMC-R15.3-Ref-Registered.exe will not start

Are you sure you have completely downloaded the dMC-R15.3-Ref-Registered.exe? Try it again and check the filesize, should be 26.3MB

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

See:

There have been many reports that the recent security update KB3057839 to Windows Vista is breaking dBpoweramp (CD Ripper and Batch Converter will not show). We have not been able to reproduce this issue locally, however it has been found that functionality can be restored by either: 1) Uninstall the update KB3057839 or 2)

for some this update also stops the installer from running.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rasho
        • Aug 2015

I have the same problem on 8.1.

I purchased the registered product a few weeks back but wasn't worried when opening the file did nothing as the product worked. My trial period has ended now, though and the registered version won't install so I can't use it.

The file looks the correct size (I tried downloading again too) and I uninstalled the update above from 8.1 but it still won't work.

Any more ideas so I can install the product?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

What is the exact filesize?

What antivirus are you using?

(the vista issues is limited only to vista)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rasho
            • Aug 2015

Thanks for the reply. During debug I have discovered other times my PC is having issues so think the problem is on my end. Am going to refresh or reset windows and try again.

Comment

• Rasho
              • Aug 2015

Works fine now so must have been corrupt windows.

Comment

Working...

]]>