title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Upgrade Asset 4.7 to 5.1 on Debian headless server

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cleggmeister
    • Jan 2015

Upgrade Asset 4.7 to 5.1 on Debian headless server

Hey folks, this is my weekend project (rock n roll eh?!).

More than happy to Putty in and would really like to fully uninstall the existing installation and all user settings before installing the new version. Does anyone know the correct Linux command-line wizardry to make this happen? It's all installed in default folders per Spoons instructions, 64 bit premium registered.

Or should I just follow the instructions again to install the latest version over the top?

Many thanks!

Cleggy.
  • cleggmeister
    • Jan 2015

Re: Upgrade Asset 4.7 to 5.1 on Debian headless server

Okeydokey, I just went and installed over the top of my existing (following the guide here) https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...sset-Specifics

Rebooted my server and all is good - it's doing a full rescan however all looks fine. No need to muck around with the autostart CRON job thingy again either since the filenames and paths haven't changed.

Originally posted by cleggmeister
    Hey folks, this is my weekend project (rock n roll eh?!).

More than happy to Putty in and would really like to fully uninstall the existing installation and all user settings before installing the new version. Does anyone know the correct Linux command-line wizardry to make this happen? It's all installed in default folders per Spoons instructions, 64 bit premium registered.

Or should I just follow the instructions again to install the latest version over the top?

Many thanks!

Cleggy.

Comment

• cleggmeister
      • Jan 2015

Re: Upgrade Asset 4.7 to 5.1 on Debian headless server

Just performed an install over the top, per the instructions for a fresh headless installation. Worked a charm, though did reset my settings (music tree, config et al) to default. Now working perfectly and, importantly, the search function works in Linn Kazoo too. Nice work Spoon and team.

Comment

Working...

]]>