title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 

Adding custom tags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • magister
    • Dec 2015
    • 4

    Adding custom tags

    I have a custom Subgenre tag in my FLAC files that I want to use with Asset. I saw the sticky about doing this, but it goes back to 2009 and no longer seems to work. I cannot find the registry value or the MediaDatabaseFieldsv4.txt file that are referred to in the sticky. I am able to add Subgenre as a new container in the advanced options, but the list is empty when I select it in Asset after restarting (it should contain several entries like Concerto, Symphony, etc.). I am using Win7. Thank for any help!
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008
    • 4020

    #2
    Re: Adding custom tags

    Which version of Asset UPnP is installed? Is Win7, 32-bit or 64-bit?

    Comment

    • magister
      • Dec 2015
      • 4

      #3
      Re: Adding custom tags

      Most recent Asset (5.1); Win 7 Home Premium, 64bit.

      Comment

      • mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008
        • 4020

        #4
        Re: Adding custom tags

        If your Asset Running Mode is Local Account, go to:
        %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary

        Locate MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt in the above folder and open it.

        Add the following line:
        subgenre,0,NVARCHAR(50)

        at the end of the file and save MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt.

        Launch Asset UPnP Configuration >> Rescan Library >> Refresh All

        I think that's it.

        ... If your Asset Running Mode is Service, then the location of the MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt differs from the example given here.
        Last edited by mville; December 21, 2015, 06:42 PM. Reason: Asset Running Mode reference

        Comment

        • magister
          • Dec 2015
          • 4

          #5
          Re: Adding custom tags

          Thank you, mville -- that worked (I did have to restart Asset as well as rescanning, but that's not surprising). The only issue is that when I select Subgenre, I get a very long list with every individual file rather than seeing one entry per album (from which I could open an album and select individual tracks as desired). Any solution for this?

          Comment

          • mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008
            • 4020

            #6
            Re: Adding custom tags

            Originally posted by magister
            The only issue is that when I select Subgenre, I get a very long list with every individual file rather than seeing one entry per album (from which I could open an album and select individual tracks as desired). Any solution for this?
            Launch Asset UPnP Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> Browse Tree

            Select the Subgenre node/container and tick the No Track Listing option.

            Also, configure the child container(s) for Subgenre as you desire e.g. Album Artist / Album with the A to Z and No Track Listing options ticked. You may have tweak these child containers to get the display options exactly right for you.

            After you make a change to the Browse Tree, restart Asset before viewing to reflect the change(s).

            Comment

            • magister
              • Dec 2015
              • 4

              #7
              Re: Adding custom tags

              Originally posted by mville
              Also, configure the child container(s) for Subgenre as you desire e.g. Album Artist / Album with the A to Z and No Track Listing options ticked. You may have tweak these child containers to get the display options exactly right for you.
              This is the piece I was missing -- I think I am on the right track with this now. Thanks again!

              Comment

              • jwr31
                • Jan 2016
                • 13

                #8
                Re: Adding custom tags

                Originally posted by mville
                If your Asset Running Mode is Local Account, go to:
                %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary

                Locate MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt in the above folder and open it.

                Add the following line:
                subgenre,0,NVARCHAR(50)

                at the end of the file and save MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt.

                Launch Asset UPnP Configuration >> Rescan Library >> Refresh All

                I think that's it.

                ... If your Asset Running Mode is Service, then the location of the MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt differs from the example given here.
                Hello guys. I am trying to do the same thing with the "Grouping" tag. I have modified the .txt file with"Grouping,0,NVARCHAR(50)" line, Refreshed all, but still don't see it as a possible selection when I try to create a new container. not sure what I'm missing here. Any suggestions?

                Thanks

                Comment

                • mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 4020

                  #9
                  Re: Adding custom tags

                  Originally posted by jwr31
                  Hello guys. I am trying to do the same thing with the "Grouping" tag. I have modified the .txt file with"Grouping,0,NVARCHAR(50)" line, Refreshed all, but still don't see it as a possible selection when I try to create a new container. not sure what I'm missing here. Any suggestions?
                  You don't get the custom tag e.g. Grouping, in the Container list, so you can't select it. Just type Grouping in the container text box.

                  Comment

                  • jwr31
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 13

                    #10
                    Re: Adding custom tags

                    Ok, I created the Container however it is coming up empty. The values I have in my Grouping tag are numbers from 1 to 5. I am trying to create a container that will display all the tracks based on the grouping I have assigned. I am hoping to create something like:

                    Grouping
                    1
                    - Artist
                    - Album
                    - Tracks

                    2
                    - Artist
                    - Album
                    - Tracks

                    3
                    - Artist
                    - Album
                    -Tracks

                    etc

                    Is this possible?

                    Comment

                    • mville
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 4020

                      #11
                      Re: Adding custom tags

                      Yes it is possible. Try Launch Asset UPnP Configuration >> Rescan Library >> Refresh All

                      If you right-click on an audio file and select Edit ID-Tag, can you confirm you are seeing the Grouping tag, with the expected data 1-5?

                      What file format is your audio library?

                      Comment

                      • jwr31
                        • Jan 2016
                        • 13

                        #12
                        Re: Adding custom tags

                        Hi mville, thanks for the help. All my files are aiff and I have confirmed that, where I have entered a value, the Grouping number exists in the ID-Tag.

                        Comment

                        • mville
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 4020

                          #13
                          Re: Adding custom tags

                          Originally posted by jwr31
                          Hi mville, thanks for the help. All my files are aiff and I have confirmed that, where I have entered a value, the Grouping number exists in the ID-Tag.
                          Sorry, I am not sure why it isn't working. I have tested this to work, but only with flac and mp3 files.

                          Which Asset UPnP version is installed, platform/OS and DLNA/UPnP client software are you using?

                          Also, have you tried restarting your PC?
                          Last edited by mville; February 02, 2016, 05:30 PM.

                          Comment

                          • jwr31
                            • Jan 2016
                            • 13

                            #14
                            Re: Adding custom tags

                            I have Asset 5.1 installed on a Windows 10 laptop. I am using the Simaudio MiND app as the controller on an ipad mini. Here are the steps I Followed, Maybe I have missed something.

                            1. Modified the MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt file adding "Grouping,0,NVARCHAR(50)" at the bottom (Does the capital G have an impact?)
                            2. Saved the txt file
                            3. Launched Asset UPnP configuration
                            4. Go to Edit
                            5. Created a container and named it "Grouping" by typing it in
                            6. Restarted Asset
                            7. Re-scaned using "Refresh" All option.
                            Last edited by jwr31; February 02, 2016, 05:39 PM.

                            Comment

                            • mville
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 4020

                              #15
                              Re: Adding custom tags

                              Asset allows you to get a dump of the whole Asset database, using the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe. which you can save as a tab delimited text file and open in Excel or a similar application. Try running this and have a look at the data. There should be a column named Grouping showing the data. Check this is correct and report back.

                              If you are running Windows 10 32-bit, the executable can be found here:
                              C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

                              If you are running Windows 10 64-bit, the executable can be found here:
                              C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp
                              Last edited by mville; February 02, 2016, 07:07 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...

                              ]]>