title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

track & artwork mismatch with latest asset version

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Asset does not assign from the internet, it uses only what is there, check for hidden files if on Windows.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pjohann

• Sep 2014

Originally posted by PeterP
      Thanks for the problem report.
      New version of Asset UPnP reverts this change, embedded covers are again preferred over external.
      ... thx PeterP for the recommendation! I’ve downloaded and installed the beta version as hinted to by you at:

Asset UPnP R2024 beta.
      February 08, 2024, 01:26 PM

Current version:
      R2024-08-30 (beta)

Download links:
      Mac | QNAP | Synology | Linux x86 32-bit | Linux x86 64-bit | Linux ARM 32-bit | Linux ARM 64-bit

Windows builds are only available for stable releases.

Because the Win version seems to be not yet available I’ve taken the QNAP version. But funnily after installation, starting Asset UPnP from the QNAP AppCenter it shows:
      __________________________________________________ __
      Library Contains 16611 Tracks, 3249 Albums
      Version: R2024-08-30 beta [Linux-ARM32]
      Functionality: Premium Registered
      Update to R2024-8-7
      Running as user: root
      Configuration data: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Asset/data/.dBpoweramp/

i.e. Linux-ARM32 not Windows!
      Anyway after performing a full “Restart Asset UPnP” my hopes for improvement were disappointed. The problem with pixelwise downgraded and wrongly allocated artworks persisted.
      Furthermore – to be on the save side – I’ve also tried out a different control point SW, i.e. “Yamaha MusicCast” and the problem turned out to be exactly the same; so, it cannot be a problem with the control point SW, MusicCast or BubbleUPnP likewise! The false allocation must happen during the build-up of the database when Restart Asset or performing a Rescan.
      Hoping that one of you experts will provide further help in solving this effing nuisance problem I’ve attached some screenshots demonstrating those annoying behavior …

Pls. kindly help!
      Attached Files

Comment

• pjohann

• Sep 2014

... and, again folks: all those issues were not there up to release R2023-05-15

Comment

• pjohann

• Sep 2014

I'd attached three screen shots (pls. see earlier post from Sept. 04, 2024, 06:32 PM) to make the problem clearer. One shows the file structure of my media HDD, high lightening for instance the folder associated with the playlist ‘Jazz 111’, then there is a screen shot of my mobile phone running BubbleUPnP showing also the contents of playlist ‘Jazz 111’ how Bubble presents it. One can clearly see that the artwork of John Coltran’s CD ‘Lush Life’ is falsely attached to all the music files. As an example I#d also attached the screen shot of the tagging label of the title track ‘Bird Cry’ of Alon Faber as proof that it’s correctly tagged and Asset - probably while indexing - is replacing Alon Faber’s cover artwork with Coltrane’s artwork.

Pls. kindly advice on how to proceede ...

Comment

• pjohann

• Sep 2014

If there is no solution on short notice, then I'd prefer to revert back the previous Asset version (probably the 2023’rd version) for both platforms: Windows 10 and QNAP alike. How could I get access to these two previous installer files?
            Last edited by pjohann; September 06, 2024, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• pjohann

• Sep 2014

Originally posted by PeterP
              Thanks for the problem report.
              New version of Asset UPnP reverts this change, embedded covers are again preferred over external.
              Hi PeterP, - thx you're right this new Beta-Version solved the/my problem! But unfortunately its available for QNAP, etc. only and not for Windows. Any plans when the respective version will be available for Win-PC as well?!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Asset was fully released last week on all platforms.

R2023-05-15 Asset Preformatting of ID Tags when indexing, so it is possible to add year to the end of albums: preformat:=[album]:=[year] [album] or to change the artist to composer if the genre is classical: preformat:=[artist]=[IFEQUALS]genre,classical,[IFVALUE]composer,[composer],[artist][][][IF!EQUALS]genre,classical,[art
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>