title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset does not work with QNAP 4.2 firmware

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pafal
    • Jul 2014

Asset does not work with QNAP 4.2 firmware

Just upgraded to QNAP QTS 4.2 and Asset no longer works. It is flagged as not supported by the firmware and is shut down.
    QTS 4.2 is in RC1 now and the general release is likely to be a month away so a recompiled Asset for QNAP would be timely.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset does not work with QNAP 4.2 firmware

Which QNAP do you have?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I have updated to 4.2, and yes there is a message that Asset is not compatible, but it also says that:

Multimedia Station, QDK

are not compatible either.

Looking at Asset it is running normally though. The 2 other apps are QNAPs own apps (multimedia station is built into the firmware...), I suspect this error message is not a real one.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pafal
        • Jul 2014

I have a TS-869U-RP.

QNAP designs and delivers high-quality network attached storage (NAS) and professional network video recorder (NVR) solutions to users from home, SOHO to small, medium businesses.

If i reboot the NAS it will stop, or not start, Asset UPNP with the informative message that the application is no longer supported by this firmware.
        But if I go into the app center and start Asset UPNP manually it will stay "on" and not be shut down. All working as it should.

So with this work around I can get Asset UPNP to work on the NAS with RC1 firmware.

Comment

• Klaus57
          • Dec 2014

I use QNAP HS-210, it works without any problems with Firmware 4.2 and Asset 4.5.1

Comment

• Patatorz
            • Feb 2013

I use a TS-251 : I have an error message (same for BubbleUPnP server) but even after few reboots it works.

BR

Comment

• pafal
              • Jul 2014

Just installed the RC3 of the Qnap firmware. The messages regarding incompatibility of Asset 4.5 are now gone.

Comment

Working...

]]>