title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.Cannot Add the Artist P.M. Dawn to Asset UPNP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vespa69
    • Jul 2024

.Cannot Add the Artist P.M. Dawn to Asset UPNP

I have three albums by P.M. Dawn and when added to my Synolgy NAS , Asset cannot scan them , I have reset and rescan and the problem persists ,
    The logs have this message , [11:44:06] Getting tags from: /volume1/music/P.M. Dawn/Of The Heart, Of The Soul And Of The Cross- The Utopian Experience/12 P.M. Dawn - On a Clear Day.wav
    [11:44:07] Getting tags failed
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

/volume1/music/P.M. Dawn/Of The Heart, Of The Soul And Of The Cross- The Utopian Experience/12 P.M. Dawn - On a Clear Day.wav
    [11:44:07] Getting tags failed

It is unlikely your wave file has any tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vespa69
      • Jul 2024

Hi there according to XLD , and MP3 Tag plus Bliss it does , Bliss actually said the it was all compliment when I ran it through , this is the only Artist I have had an issue with and I have a lot of WAV's on my NAS that work and have been processed exactly the same way , its super odd

Comment

• vespa69
        • Jul 2024

Originally posted by vespa69
        Hi there according to XLD , and MP3 Tag plus Bliss it does , Bliss actually said the it was all compliment when I ran it through , this is the only Artist I have had an issue with and I have a lot of WAV's on my NAS that work and have been processed exactly the same way , its super odd
        Sorry I meant Compliant

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Please upload one of those wave files (to dropbox) and provide a link through personal message.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Thanks for the bug report.
            Unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue - WAV file gets indexed OK here on my Synology unit.
            Please try the new beta version of Asset, with many improvements and see if the bug persists:
            Current version: R2024-08-26 (beta) Download links: Mac (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-08-26/Asset%20UPnP-2024-08-26.dmg) | QNAP (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-08-26/Asset_20240826b.qpkg) | Synology (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-08-26/Asset-R2024-08-26b-DSM7.spk) | Linux x86 32-bit

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Also, please post full log contents - interesting lines (details of the failure) are *after* the "Getting tags failed" line.

Comment

• vespa69
                • Jul 2024

Hi Peter the problem still persists ,, Attached is the log. Should I completely remove asset and Install again ? do I need to remove any associated folders for the DB before I re-install .
                I have sent the log and as you can see it does not like P.M. Dawn three albums just wont show up
                Attached Files

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

Thanks for the details.

The log implies a permission issue on the NAS, there's nothing wrong with the actual files.
                  Please open File Station, locate problematic files, right-click, Properties / Permissions, make sure that 'Asset' user is allowed to read them. You might want to edit parent folder and set "Apply to this folder, sub-folders and files" to fix all at once.

Comment

• vespa69
                    • Jul 2024

You are correrct , for some reason the new folders uploaded into the Nas did not inherit the Parents permissions , I hit the Parent folder as suggested and that fixed the issue. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>