title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

upgrading asset, cant do it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lyric
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2010

upgrading asset, cant do it

Hi,
    I find this all very difficult, I have a windows 7 pc and Whs on an ava rs3 server from 2008, so i dont know what version of whs it is or how to find out. There is no windows start button on my server console, just headers like shared folders, ava music copier, disk management and the like. I tried to follow the sticky but become unstuck; I went into settings on the asset menu and uninstalled asset 3.0.1 then went to the windows 7 pc add or remove programs and removed asset from the list. so far so good. I went and installed the premium windows 7 version to my pc, then we copied it across into shared software folder ( add ins) on the Whs console, right clicked and ran the program, nothing happened. went into the ava music disk copier folder and asset was not on the settings list anymore. so this is where I am stuck and can see no instructions anywhere as what to do next. Got fed up mucking about and went into add ins and found that asset v 3.0.1 was still available ( happy days, as i want music playing:smile2 so I installed it and I am back where I started with the old version running things. Maybe its me or Whs, but Im used just clicking install and run and updates do their thing. Why cant this be so for asset upgrade. My upgrade button has disappeared can you not send it to me again or something please. I didnt upgrade to v 4 at the time as Linn forum members were reporting some problems in the early days and I just decided to stay clear as things with asset were working perfectly, thats why i choose it over twonky.
    Please help a windows illiterate user:cry:

Lyric
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: upgrading asset, cant do it

You would copy the special WHS v1 install into the Add-in folder on Windows Home Server, then install from the WHS connector.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lyric
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2010

Re: upgrading asset, cant do it

Very impressive service on the 27th of december, I really really appreciate that Spoon, it was seeing the windows 7 option that threw me and I downloaded it, when i should have realised that windows 7 wasnt out in 2007/8 well not in my house anyway:smile2:
      Simple when you know how. all is running smooth and the boss is happy as music is playing once again.

Lyric

Comment

Working...

]]>