title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Constant and regular stuttering with Asset Upnp and PS3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armitage
    • Jan 2011

Constant and regular stuttering with Asset Upnp and PS3

Hi,

I installed yesterday Asset Upnp in order to benefit from the replaygain when streaming music to my PS3. The media server is correctly detected and I can browse smoothly between the different artists, albums.

The problem is that when I try to play a file (all files in my library are flac), I will have microcuts every 2 to 3*blooper*seconds before the music keeps playing.

I set the flac files to be transcoding as LPCM ( the override for wav being removed) and uncheck the L24*blooper*playback for now.

The problem appears on both 16bits and 24bits playback.

My ps3 is connected through ethernet to my wifi n rooter, while my pc is using wifi.

I am sure it is not a problem signal strength as I am able to stream flawlessly 1080p movie with PS3 media server along with any kind and music.

I*blooper*have also the same issue with foo_upnp the dnla server of foobar2000.

Could it be the replaygain that is causing this problem as this is the function I am trying to use? Or could it be some weird problem between Asset Upnp and my wifi rooter?

My PC*blooper*is showing 0% usage when transcoding (I7 at 3.5Ghz with 12Go of Ram) so I am confident it is not struggling with the transcoding.

Thank you in advance for your input.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Constant and regular stuttering with Asset Upnp and PS3

Wifi is the issue as it is going from the laptop over wifi to the ps3, this is causing the breakups.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• armitage
      • Jan 2011

Hi Spoon,

Thank you for your input. I though it was, is it any setting I could improve on Asset Upnp or my rooter to fix this issue?

I have trouble to understand how the wifi could be the cause, knowing that I can stream 1080p video or HD audio with other media server and that my wifi link speed never comes under 243MB/s when using Asset.

When I experienced some stuttering with 1080p video, my link was always close to 0MB/s usually due to the interference with the neighbour's wifi coupled to the strain of the HD*blooper*movie.

This is not the case with simple audio and my wifi do not drop.

Any specific suggestion that would not involve pulling out a ethernet cable throughout my flat?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

As a test connect a cable into your computer, thus bypassing the wifi
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• armitage
          • Jan 2011

I*blooper*will try to do that if I come across some ethernet cable long enough.

I had opt that I did something wrong through the settings.

Comment

Working...

]]>