title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I play CDs direct on my PC?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomP
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

Can I play CDs direct on my PC?

Hi Spoon,
    I have an existing WHS with all my CD rips, but would like to be able to access / play them on my PC, without the need for the (Linn Majik / Ipaq214) player and wireless control point that I use in my lounge.

Is there a way of doing this with one or more of your products?

Thanks...TomP
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can I play CDs direct on my PC?

Yes, install dBpoweramp Renaissance:

dBpoweramp Renaissance is a revitalization of dAP (dBpoweramp Audio Player), re-built from the ground up with specific unique goals. Designed to be the most efficient (in terms of memory footprint and resources used) audio player ever designed, featuring: Built in UPnP Renderer: Renaissance enables your PC as a UPnP

Then your PC becomes a UPnP player (with DS extensions), control it with Kinsky Desktop.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomP
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes, install dBpoweramp Renaissance:

dBpoweramp Renaissance is a revitalization of dAP (dBpoweramp Audio Player), re-built from the ground up with specific unique goals. Designed to be the most efficient (in terms of memory footprint and resources used) audio player ever designed, featuring: Built in UPnP Renderer: Renaissance enables your PC as a UPnP

Then your PC becomes a UPnP player (with DS extensions), control it with Kinsky Desktop.
      Sounds great, thanks Spoon !!

Would I be able to select to use the PC or the Linn Majik if I use Kinsky Desktop?

Thanks again...TomP

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomP
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          Yes
          Thanks Spoon.

Just one more question, I believe that Kinsky Desktop needs Cara to work, which I can't install on my Majik until they release the Cara-compatible KinskyPDA to run on my iPAQ214 in my lounge, so is there control software I can use that is independent of the Linn products completely?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

LinnGUI (or 'Kinsky' as it now known).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>