title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tracks were not added...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kweller
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

Tracks were not added...

This is driving me up the wall :headbang:

I've 'converted' just under 7k tracks to the root of my mStation drive using Sveta. I create a new mmc so I can arrange them then add tracks or folders (makes no difference).

The db is empty but dAP tells me 'Tracks were not added because they exist already' then 'Tracks could not be added - possibly because of lack of disk space'. If I try to add music from another drive it's fine.

There's 30Gb free on the disk containing the db and 4.5Gb free on the disk containing the MP3s.

I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling then reinstalling, going back to beta 3, creating the mmc on a different disk, overwriting an old mmc, creating new ones of different names...none make any difference.

I then installed dAP on another machine and started adding the music from the problem drive over the network. Other than it's very slow it's working fine.

I assume something is corrupt that uninstall doesn't remove. Any ideas before I shoot the PC?
    Last edited by kweller; April 28, 2002, 04:21 PM.
  • kweller
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

[Grimaces] I've just copied some tracks into a sub-directory on my main music drive. Started a new mmc and attempted to add them - same problem.

So I thought I'd install a fresh instance of dAP on to a different drive on the same machine and see what that did - no difference

I then spread copies of MP3s in various folders on various drives including those networked from other machines. dAP exhibits the same weird behaviour when I try to add any any of them.

It will only add tracks to new mmcs that already exist in my primary mmc. :confused:
    Last edited by kweller; April 30, 2002, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Unregistered

out of space error

Hello,

I ran into the same problem, but solved it by configuring dBPowerAMP to not try to modify or move new music files. It seems to work fine now.

Timothy
      nahua@crosswinds.net

Comment

• kweller
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

:shocked: [stunned silence] What an absolute prat I am!

I'd forgotten I set dAP up to do that as an experiment and it completely explains the symptoms. :o

[a few mnutes later] Yep, that's sorted it. So it's not the PC I have to shoot it's myself!

Thank You :smile:
        Last edited by kweller; May 01, 2002, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>