title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with installing 15.2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Problem with installing 15.2

I've downloaded the new 15.2 version (reference version) to install and get the following error when trying to install (on Win7(64) machine that already has 15.1 installed).

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpainstallerror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	296928

I've never had any issues before in installing or updating dbpa. I've downloaded the file a few times and tried installing by using "right click, run as administrator". Same error no matter what. Thoughts?

EDIT: hmmm, I'm getting same error trying to install the CRC DSP as well. I suspect something about my work computer has changed and doesn't like something about how this is being installed. I don't get any AV messages, etc. only the message above in the picture.
    Last edited by garym; February 20, 2015, 10:17 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Problem with installing 15.2

UPDATE. I've now tried on my home laptop (win7(64)) and get the same error message upon install attempt. At home I'm using an up to date "microsoft security essentials" anti-virus program. I've used this for years and not had an issue. I do notice this thread with similar error. But excluding this file within MSE exceptions doesn't solve the problem. And again, there is no AV type error message just the earlier message noted.

Hello ! I just buy the registred Dbpoweramp software but I have the following error message when double-clicking on the installation icon: "Error Whilst running: C:\Users\Philippe\AppData\Local\Temp\F8FD.tmp-dMC-R15.2-Ref-registred-64bit__SPI_WIN64.exe". Windows8 is installed on my computer. Can you give me the

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

See last msg:

The following lists security software which is not performing as it should, that is blocking legitimate programs (such as dBpoweramp) from running. There is nothing we can do on our side, we produce legitimate software, virus free for the last 20 years, never once have we supplied a virus, Trojan, spyware with any of our

It is security software, try disable it.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
        See last msg:

The following lists security software which is not performing as it should, that is blocking legitimate programs (such as dBpoweramp) from running. There is nothing we can do on our side, we produce legitimate software, virus free for the last 20 years, never once have we supplied a virus, Trojan, spyware with any of our

It is security software, try disable it.
        I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials from my laptop and then rebooted. Afterwards, I get the same error message when trying to install (with NO A-V program installed). Any other thoughts?

Comment

• dbfan
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jan 2011

You have enough space on your %tmp% drive?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
            You have enough space on your %tmp% drive?
            What do you mean by %tmp% drive. I'm installing on C:\ drive with space. Error message shows it is using a TEMP sub directory. Even installing the r3 CRC dsP returns same error. I assume this takes very little space relative to 15.2.

I suspect it is something on my 2 machines but after uninstalling MSE and rebooting I'm at a loss what could be stopping the install.

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Hey Gray,

the %tmp% drive is the tmp drive of the windows system. Just type "%tmp%" (notation for the environment variable) into the address line of the file explorer or the windows search. Then you can see the drive and directory where your system has its temporary drive.

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                Hey Gray,

the %tmp% drive is the tmp drive of the windows system. Just type "%tmp%" (notation for the environment variable) into the address line of the file explorer or the windows search. Then you can see the drive and directory where your system has its temporary drive.

Dat Ei
                Thanks. If %tmp% is on C:\ drive is there anything that limits its size other than space on C:\? How does one check the size related to %tmp%?

Comment

• Dat Ei
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by garym
                  If %tmp% is on C:\ drive is there anything that limits its size other than space on C:\? How does one check the size related to %tmp%?
                  No, no other limitation (as long as you do not have any additional quota system running - very unlikely on a PC).

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                    No, no other limitation (as long as you do not have any additional quota system running - very unlikely on a PC).

Dat Ei
                    %tmp% is on C:\ drive and it has 450GB free space. So that's not the problem. And Quota is not enabled. After the error message, I notice the install file also shows up in the tmp folder. I'm stumped.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

With that error message showing, you can see the file reported by the error? what size is it? can you run it?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
                        With that error message showing, you can see the file reported by the error? what size is it? can you run it?
                        File is 13.4MB. When I try to run it from the tmp location I get the message: blocked by group policy, contact system admin. I'll have to follow up with our IT folks. Something has probably changed and all my computers are tied to this system. The good news is that the head of IT reports to me. ;-)

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

UPDATE. Problem sort of solved. I've completed install in a multi step manner. I was copying the exe install files that were created in my %tmp% directory to my dropbox so I could link them in a message to my IT guy. I accidentally double clicked the exe file on the dropbox location and it installed 15.2. Tried same with R3 of the CRC dsp. It installed too.

I'm guessing that our computers are set up to not allow running an exe file from the temp directory location as an overall policy. I tried to install a few other major programs and didn't have these issues. But they didn't seem to be running an exe file from %tmp% directory.

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by garym
                            UPDATE. Problem sort of solved. I've completed install in a multi step manner. I was copying the exe install files that were created in my %tmp% directory to my dropbox so I could link them in a message to my IT guy. I accidentally double clicked the exe file on the dropbox location and it installed 15.2. Tried same with R3 of the CRC dsp. It installed too.

I'm guessing that our computers are set up to not allow running an exe file from the temp directory location as an overall policy. I tried to install a few other major programs and didn't have these issues. But they didn't seem to be running an exe file from %tmp% directory.

update. It was definitely a change to our network/computer "group policy" that now prevents running exe files from %tmp% location. My back door approach seemed to work ok for now (but note I had to also find the temp exe file for dsP 11 program and copy then install).

Comment

Working...

]]>