title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Don't waste your time being altruistic...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yaxy
    • Jan 2006

Don't waste your time being altruistic...

...and thinking you can contribute to freedb by fixing incorrect track titles or artist names (what idiot decided "me" should always be lowercase?) using dMC Audio CD Input. An obviously ancient bug* causes every submission to be rejected by freedb with "Existing entry found with higher revision (X) than submitted (0)."

* Spoon (da man) discussed this in Jan 2005 and blamed freedb's conversion to Unicode but in the context of writing CDs. Huh?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Don't waste your time being altruistic...

THat bug is fixed now? should be as dMC went on to the later freedb protocal.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• yaxy
      • Jan 2006

Have you tried it recently? Be sure to enter your email address so you can be notified of the rejection.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I can confirm this, I received a rejection a month or two ago stating the revision was too low. I'm not sure if I still have the e-mail, I'll have to check.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

That can happen if you insert a cd, freedb is connected to and a title is read. Then cd input is closed and then reopened and the titles updated (by submitting), could htis have happened?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

No, the CD I typed in wasn't in FreeDB's database. I typed the names in when CD Input first came up and submitted the titles, then ripped the CD.
            I could be mistaken and submitted the titled AFTER I ripped the CD.

Comment

Working...

]]>