title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Originally posted by gerph
    There's a well known saying which runs that you should be 'conservative in what you read, and strict in what you write'. It's absolutely fine to read other people's broken stuff, but you shouldn't cause more problems yourself by writing data that is incorrect.
    Not quite well known enough. That is, a correction via wikipedia: "Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others."

...and one alternate wording (based on backtracking through RFCs and pre-RFC documents here: http://radio.weblogs.com/0126951/2005/05/25.html#a179 ): "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."

In this context, I interpret that to mean: stick to the rules closely/exactly when writing tags, but recognize that others do not and do the best you can to understand the incoming formats if they are non-standard.

I look at this as a very specific application of The Golden Rule: you do your best not to make things difficult for others and, while doing so, try to set an example of how things should be done.

-brendan

Comment

• Salem874
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2006

Re: What happened to Album Art?

Originally posted by Spoon
      There are 2 destinct versions, Reference contains advanced items such as:

Multi CPU encoding,
      Profiles in CD Ripper,
      FUA / cache handling
      Extra details in popups

just to name a few.
      It's very good to see dBMC 12 is coming along now.

I see you have 2 versions now, the PowerPack one and the References one. Is my understanding correct that the Reference features are not in the PowerPack one? If so, does the refrences one come with the PowerPack included as well?

Also, what about people who have already purchased dB PowerAMP Music Converter? What version will be have access to will it be just the PowerPack one, or will we get the Reference one? I'm wondering coz i've just recently purchased dB PowerAmp (under 12 months ago in fact), and would like to know what i'm entitled to receive.

Finally, will registered customers only be able to receive the full version (whether it be PowerPack or Refrence) after the product has gone final, or is there a way of getting them during the Beta stage.

Thanks in advance

Keep up the good work Spoon

Comment

• hanschke
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2006

will be nice too know too what i will get. i have bought the 11.5er power pack and take today the new beta 3 cause the trial experienced.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=11584

I believe the betas expire after a given point and if the final is not out yet, a new beta will be released to allow continued functionality. However, dMC r12 final is due out sometime this month.

Comment

• Kdeemer
            • Dec 2006

Flac naming doesn't seem right

I'm using the beta 3 reference edition CD ripper to encode to flac. I have the naming script set to the default and am ripping a 3-cd compilation. First, checking or unchecking the 'compilation' box has no effect; the tags are written as [track] [artist] - [title] either way (i.e. artist is included regardless). Second, although each CD of the set is saved to a separate folder (disc 1, etc.) , the Album Name does not include the disc number. So all tracks appear as from one album.

This is the naming script (I haven't modified it)

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\ [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\ [track] - [title][]

Comment

• toolburn
              • Dec 2005

The default string I'm getting in beta 3 ref. is slightly different (just before the second [IFMULTI]

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]

This is what I like:

[extension]\[IFCOMP][IFEQUALS]genre,Soundtrack,Soundtracks\[][IF!EQUALS]genre,Soundtrack,Various Artists\[][album][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][]\[IFMULTI]D[disc]-[][track] - [title][IFCOMP] - [artist][]

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Details about versions & registrations will be made shortly.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• onthejazz
                  • Dec 2006

Is there a special string I need to use to get the program to write the log file to the same directory as the tracks that have been ripped? Thanks.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2006

Latin titles not showing up in AMG ???

I ripped some latin cds last night that my wife purchased in Chile. Beta 3 (full, all glorious and includes kitchen sink trial version) couldn't find the info from freedb, nor from AMG.

So I tried WMP11, and lo and behold, it found the info, artist, track titles, etc. from AMG. Why?

Also, I'm no big fan of AMGs data base. Freedb seems fine to me, and WMP gives me the same postage stamp sized images that AMG does.

Explorer still crashes when I open the properties page. Not all the time, but just now. It isn't repeatable with the same file though.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Nov 2006

Wish list:

1. If the "Album Artist" field is not retrieved, fill in the artist (or first artist) (or title if it is a soundtrack) (or "Various"), or something like that. MCE & WMP uses this field instead of Artist to sort.

2. Have the option to put the report in the same directory as the music, such as a "rip_directory" variable.

3. When I press Options, it found that I have a Sony DRU700A DVD-R. I hit the "Technical" button and it tells me that it has C2 Error Pointers, "yeah".
                      At install time, if this is known, enable the "C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection" option in the "Secure Options" dialog box.

Or am I too late in this discussion for wish lists?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

>Is there a special string I need to use to get the program to write the log file to the
                        >same directory as the tracks that have been ripped?

Copy the string form naming (of course putting the drive and path on first).

There will be a simple option of putting it in the same folder soon.

----

>has C2 Error Pointers, "yeah". At install time, if this is known, enable the "C2 Error
                        > Pointers for Error Detection" option in the "Secure Options" dialog box.

I have a drive which says c2 yes, but it does not return c2.

>Or am I too late in this discussion for wish lists?

Many features are being pushed back to R13.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

Can we have the option to add drive used and setting (overread) to the meta data

Comment

• Teknojnky
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2006

I don't know if this is intended or just a side effect of splitting the 'reference' features from the power pack, but:

- every option that is on the 'secure settings' page is unavailable in the powerpack (non-reference) mode (particularly logging and C2/cache detection).

Comment

• LtData
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • May 2004

Those settings are Reference only, I believe. A complete list of the different between the PowerPack and Reference will be coming soon, so says Spoon.

Comment

• rudefyet
                                • Dec 2006

I just installed Beta 3 Reference and on my system, the cache detection is greyed out.

Kinda cripples the program since the drive I use caches.

Comment

Working...

]]>