title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

IF there was a plugin interface someone could add MusicBrainz support without the commercial cost.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I meant you could do that for the individual CD that isn't in AMG but is in FreeDB. I realize it is not a permanent solution but a stop-gap solution.

Comment

• gerph
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        We say ANSI because for years programs like Winamp have been writing such tags in the local code page. To follow the guidelines so exactly (and anally in my opinion) would mean less functionality for people with older mp3s.
        There's a well known saying which runs that you should be 'conservative in what you read, and strict in what you write'. It's absolutely fine to read other people's broken stuff, but you shouldn't cause more problems yourself by writing data that is incorrect.

We have decided to stay clear of ID3v2.4 (reading is not even in yet) just for now because the whole situation is a mess with it, I know 3 programs which implement it, and all differently and cause problems for each other. It will appear in R13 after careful testing.
        It's good to hear that it will appear.

RE Unsync: pretty 100% of modern players can detect adn skip the whole id3v2 tag, rather then trying to blunder through it.
        Well, you have a lot of work in your code to ensure that the ripped track is accurate. And then you introduce this data at the front that may play as blips, noise or otherwise not be processed properly. It seems contrary to the purpose of getting a clean and accurate copy of the track to intentionally introduce data which can cause such failures. Especially when there's a perfectly good solution to avoid it by using the unsynchronisation scheme. If you use unsynchronisation than you will get 100% of all MP3 players playing the data correctly, rather than less than 100%, which is what you're getting at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up about TCOM.
        Not a problem. Kudos for bothering to write it at all - that, and the other information that you're writing is actually quite interesting. *Those* are the things that ID3v2 should be used for, because they give a lot of good information about the track.

As you're receptive and actually answering complaints (something that I haven't found of all tagging authors, and is nice), I'll mention a little niggle I had with the popularimeter frame. It's described in the documentation as being an email address and a popularity - and you're supplying the email address as a null string. I don't think that's right. However, I can't think of anything /better/ to do at the moment. Initially I thought that since you're obtaining the information from AMG you should use an email address at AMG; popularity@allmusic.com for example, but I don't like that idea because you have no right to assign such an address to them. It would be nice if there was some indication that the popularity was derived from AMG, but... I don't know how.

Comment

• Teknojnky
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2006

Installed b3, seems profiles and ultra secure mode are disabled.

Installed the reference trial which apparently re-enabled the profiles/ultra secure mode.

Didn't see any notes regarding this in the sticky thread.

Also, it seems that when using profiles it remembers which drive was selected, however it does not update the track window with the current drive.

Reproduction steps:
          - Have more than one drive
          - create a profile for each drive ensuring that the right drive is selected for the profile
          - change profiles noting that the drive changes to what the profile was set to, however the track list does not update to the selected profile drive.

Comment

• heavensblade23
            • Oct 2006

Why is "Detect Cache" greyed out on b3? It says "none" in greyed out text but I'm pretty sure my drive does have cache.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Ultra Secure being Reference only is mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=11584

Note thata drive having a buffer and having a cache are two different things. See here for some explanation: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...&postcount=178

Comment

• anders
                • Dec 2003

I had a number of weird behaviors happen to me when I installed b3:

* The multi-cpu support seemed to disappear. It behaved as though my systems had only one CPU. I confirmed this on two machines, one multi-core, one dual-cpu.
                * The 'dynamic output path' selection in the converter was grayed out.

I uninstalled and reinstalled once, which didn't fix these problems. Reinstalling a second time seems to have fixed it.

A third problem has not gone away -- the explorer integration is missing, except for the "batch convert" entry when right-clicking on a folder. No tooltips, no property sheet, no entries in the right-click menu for files.

I've checked the configuration, and these integrations are enabled.

I'm seeing the problems on both systems I have dMC installed on: one is running Vista and the other is running Server 2003. Both systems had b2 installed previously and did not have these problems.

Let me know if you need more/better info on how to further diagnose these problems.

Comment

• heavensblade23
                  • Oct 2006

Yes, I know, the drive has a cache according to EAC and prior versions of R12.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Heavensblade23: Did you install the normal dMC r12 beta or the dBpowerAMP Reference trial?

Comment

• thommason
                      • Dec 2006

I also lost explorer integration with b3 reference version. Running configuration as Administrator doesn't fix it. I am running Vista.

Also, configurations shows 30 day amg trial but cd ripper shows amg as expired.

Comment

• heavensblade23
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                        Heavensblade23: Did you install the normal dMC r12 beta or the dBpowerAMP Reference trial?
                        Beta 3 Reference trial.

Comment

• Kdeemer
                          • Dec 2006

What happened to Album Art?

My Album Art stopped working and AMG subscription showed expired. I uninstalled/installed B3 Reference Edition. AMG is back, but no album art is retrieved. What's up?

Ken D

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Re: What happened to Album Art?

Kdeemer make sure the AMG item is checked in the meta drop menu and that in AMG options the album art is set to 250x250.

----

>I also lost explorer integration with b3 reference version. Running configuration as
                            > Administrator doesn't fix it. I am running Vista.

Just checked and some how the OLESelfRegister version tags have disappeared again! VS 2005 seems to throw these out now and then :(
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

>I'll mention a little niggle I had with the popularimeter frame. It's described in the
                              > documentation as being an email address and a popularity - and you're supplying the
                              >email address as a null string.

Yes I think the email address is a flaw in ID3v2, if you had a player which supported multiple music collections then the email address is a good idea, but for a ripper there needs to be one default global rating.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

There are 2 destinct versions, Reference contains advanced items such as:

Multi CPU encoding,
                                Profiles in CD Ripper,
                                FUA / cache handling
                                Extra details in popups

just to name a few.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>