title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • preuss
    • Dec 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

The CD Ripper don't store the "Ultra Secure Settings" for each CD-Drive. It only store the Minimum, Maximum and End after Clean Passes global for the entire application.

Then I always has to change the settings each time I change drive, because you say that when Configurate the drives they need to be different settings.

Detect cache does not wotk with my drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S. The application stops responding, and I have tried it severals time. It works with all other drives.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Yes these settings are not per drive, but per profile.

So you could create 2 profiles on the same drive, one is more secure than the other (ie for a bad disc).
      You have made a valid point, the last profile on a drive should be recalled when selecting a different drive.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sir Launcelot
        • Dec 2006

When changing the naming convention, the program cuts off the past on a copy Ctrl-C and paste Ctrl-V.

I was trying to modify the naming convention to this (it is all on one line if the board messes it up):

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]
        \[[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]] - [[track]][[title]][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]] - [[track]][[title]][]

Comment

• drfindley
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BobA
          I too would very much like to see the reconstructing of the original folder structure. I am having a really difficult time with it the way it is, dumping files all into the same folder, or into the source folder. I am having to type in paths, so it really is not batch converting at this point.
          Although I know this is saved for the next beta (and I am reinstalling 11.5 to restore functionality), I would really like to be able to maintain my folder setup, instead of being forced into an album/artist method, as all of my various artists albums will be totally messed up. Plus, I have gone through all the trouble to rename all my folders to lower_cased underscore, and I'd hate to lose all that formatting.

Plus, as a fulltime linux user, will I am rather excited at the prospect of using the command-line tool under wine. Do you have any plans of making this work native (command line only), under linux?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Your line pastes ok for me (once I get rid of the return character).

Commandline will be only through Windows cmd.exe
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stealiesubee
              • Dec 2006

Hello,
              Just wanted to say great work. I just purchased a "PowerPack" myself and started playing with R12 beta.

I just wanted to let you know that I am *really* hoping that r12 will support shorten (.shn) format. 95%+ of my collection is in .shn and I have been using dbPowerAmp to convert to .flac. It's been a huge help, but doesn't take advantage of all the horsepower I have in my Mac Pro.

Keep up the good work!!

-stealie

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

dMC r12 is planned to support probably as many codecs as dMC r11.5 currently does, plus a few new codecs (.midi comes to mind). Just wait, or use the CLI encoder and a Shorten .exe encoder to encode to shorten for the time being.

Comment

• petriburg
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2002

I'm keen to try R12 beta 2, and note your remark that all previous editions of R12 should be uninstalled first. I cannot find a separate 'uninstall' entry for R12 in Add/Remove Programs. What's the correct procedure for uninstalling earlier R12 version, please?

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Do you see an entry for just "dBpowerAMP Music Converter"? Uninstall that. Also uninstall any codecs you have installed.

Comment

• Bill41
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LtData
                      Do you see an entry for just "dBpowerAMP Music Converter"? Uninstall that. Also uninstall any codecs you have installed.
                      Lt. Data
                      It has been my experience that Dap will not play without the old codecs installed and I have used all the alphas and now beta 1 & 2. Maybe you can enlighten me on this.Thanks
                      Bill

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

dAP does still use the older codecs, yes. You might have to install dAP and its codecs to a separate directory than dMC r12 and its codecs. However, I currently don't use dAP, so I cannot test this myself.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Nov 2006

I'm running MCE 2005, Update 2. My DVD-R is a Sony DW-Q30A. I'm using Beta 1 to rip to WMA lossless.

Beta 1 isn't ready for prime time, and I look forward to trying Beta 2 tonight.

When the CD is in the AccurateRip database, everything runs fine.

When it isn't (4 disks out of 16 so far), it rips securely, the first n-3 songs. On the third to last (every time), the ripping speed slows down to 0.0. I'm 60 minutes or so into a rip of a 1:27 song right now just to see if it can pull itself out. When I "skip track", the first rip of the next song also rips at 0.0 speed and I cancel the rip. I then have to kill CDGrab.exe from the taskmanager to stop my DVD-R drive from clicking and clacking.

Restarting the computer, cleaning the disk, and trying to rip any of the last three tracks results in similar results. Rip 1 and 2 ok, Ultra 1 goes to 4, then 3, the 0.0 speed.

On another matter, the properties page on a song in explorer looks great, but results in explorer crashing about 20% of the time on my computer. Same thing with flac files. Haven't tried mp3s.

I'm at 83% of that horible 1:27 track now.

I'll try Beta 2 next.

- Anthony

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Nov 2006

I forgot to mention, that when the ripper stalls, it prevents file activity on the computer. I can run a simple game, and start notepad, but it takes minutes before the save dialog box appears.

The problem track is now doing a Re-Rip; counted up to over 2000, and now counting back down to 0.

I got an "I" Secure, the next track is ripping at x31. Whew! Spoke too soon, Ultra Secure (1) dropped back to 0.0 speed.

I do have the setting "vary speed" in the ultra secure settings.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

I am guessing your CD drive is reporting errors back to windows, it is switching to PIO mode, which can bring the system to a crawl. This is hardware (between cd drive and Windows, nothing a ripper cn do to prevent it).
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

See here to find out how to check and fix your CD drive if PIO mode is indeed the problem: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4619

Comment

Working...

]]>