title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

If I'm reading it correctly, a buffer is used to hold data that is being read. Cache is used to reduce accesses to the CD drive.

Comment

• Spies
      • Aug 2006

Spoon, the AMG meta data is awesome! Since the data is so complete I would love to see a user selectable option to combine those tags that have multiple entries per song, such as artist and composer, into one tag with a delimiter, such as a semicolon.
      Using a FLAC file as an example:
      Composer=Rick Davies
      Composer=Roger Hodgson
      Becomes:
      Composer=Rick Davies; Roger Hodgson
      Would love to see Styles as a meta data option too. The more data data from AMG the better. I also see that FLAC 1.1.3 will have support for cover art. The beta is out now. Hopefully you will be able to integrate it soon. Looking forward to Replay Gain tag support as well. And while I am thinking about it will your "dBpowerAMP Reference" edition be able to handle changers such as the Sony VGP-XL1B2 changer? That would be awesome! Can hardly wait to see what the next Alpha brings.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Composer=Rick Davies
        Composer=Roger Hodgson
        Becomes:
        Composer=Rick Davies; Roger Hodgson
        FLAC uses Ogg tags, the two seperate composers are correct for Ogg Tags, it is upto the audio player to recombine them.

Flac album art should be relatively soon (the current beta has no means ot manipulate the art data).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaillard
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2006

hey spoon, with the wavpack encoder, is there a way to use the -x option for asymetrical encoding?

Comment

• Vulcan
            • Aug 2006

Spoon, I am having trouble with alpha 7 in secure mode.

Upon trying to rip any track, I get an error lik the the following:

Error ripping to Test Conversion, 'Track 3' to 'E:\My Music\FLAC\Kara's Flowers\Fourth World (1997)\03 Myself.IGNORE'
            Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 33306) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

I did uninstall the previous alpha and 11.5 before installing, and this is the first time I have encountered such a problem. Please feel free to email me if you need any more information.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Can you rip when in Burst mode?

Comment

• gaillard
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Vulcan
                Spoon, I am having trouble with alpha 7 in secure mode.

Upon trying to rip any track, I get an error lik the the following:

Error ripping to Test Conversion, 'Track 3' to 'E:\My Music\FLAC\Kara's Flowers\Fourth World (1997)\03 Myself.IGNORE'
                Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 33306) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

I did uninstall the previous alpha and 11.5 before installing, and this is the first time I have encountered such a problem. Please feel free to email me if you need any more information.
                Thats how errors that it cannot read through are reported i beleive. There is a bad error on that cd. plus if you have that new option checked all errors look like that (yay! =))

Comment

• gaillard
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2006

guess i'll just have to keep using the cli encoder for -x option, any plans for this in the future?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

>-x option for asymetrical encoding?

Is it popular?

>Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 33306) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

This error means the CD drive is unable to return any data for that track, technically it is a failure of the drive, as normlly even rubbish data is always returened. After this (I have seen it on one of my drives) Windows will normally put the drive into PIO mode, there should also be an error written into the Windows Event Viewer.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaillard
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Aug 2006

I would hope its popular since david is putting it into the next version as default, although not the highest -x mod but still putting -x as default. with no decoding time reduction people would be foolish not to use it.

Also i was wondering if you wouldn't mind making it where for the cli encoder, if we can still pass things from the artist, date box to the cli line without them automatically being added to the meta data. Because the meta data i am using for things like accuraterip results and source and encoded by but still want to pass my own things to the cli line, is this possible? thanks spoon. Its looking really good.

Comment

• bhoar
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                        >-x option for asymetrical encoding?

Is it popular?

This error means the CD drive is unable to return any data for that track, technically it is a failure of the drive, as normlly even rubbish data is always returened. After this (I have seen it on one of my drives) Windows will normally put the drive into PIO mode, there should also be an error written into the Windows Event Viewer.
                        I assume SCSI drives are immune from the UDMA->PIO symptom?

Also, "CD disc" is about 1/3 redundant.

-brendan

Comment

• gaillard
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Aug 2006

>

This is interesting to me spoon because for example, if i put a big fat finger print on a disc, accurateRip always comes back with cannot read cd, not garbage data. But everything is ok with me as long as all errors are reported, i just want to know that there are no errors in the music.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

>david is putting it into the next version as default

I will be moving over to the new version soon, so that will self sort it's self.

>I assume SCSI drives are immune from the UDMA->PIO symptom?

Yes I would think so.

>if i put a big fat finger print on a disc, accurateRip always comes back with cannot read cd, not garbage data

The previously mentioned error is a very specific one, and has nothing to do with normal cd ripping (if you see that error it would fall under the error tab, not information).
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vulcan
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                              Can you rip when in Burst mode?
                              Yes. Burst mode works perfectly.

Comment

• gaillard
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Aug 2006

>david is putting it into the next version as default

I will be moving over to the new version soon, so that will self sort it's self.

>I assume SCSI drives are immune from the UDMA->PIO symptom?

Yes I would think so.

>if i put a big fat finger print on a disc, accurateRip always comes back with cannot read cd, not garbage data

The previously mentioned error is a very specific one, and has nothing to do with normal cd ripping (if you see that error it would fall under the error tab, not information).
                                Most erros i get do fall under the error tab, such as a fingerprint. Many many times this has happened.

Comment

Working...

]]>