title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onthejazz
    • Dec 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Originally posted by onthejazz
    I too have been having problems getting my Plextor External UltraPlex 40max - PX-40TS drive working with dBpowerAMP CD Ripper (it will not configure/rip with any known-to-be-working Key Disc)

Post here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=57252

Could this be the same situation? As I also use Read Command D8 within EAC. My drive was manufactured November 2000. and the has the latest firmware 1.14 (June 23, 2003). I have spent a fair amount of money acquiring 3 of these drives in external form the last couple years, including a couple spare internal models, for the very reason of ripping my cd collection more reliably now & into the future, as it has always been regarded as one of the best - if not THE best ripping drive for audio. I really do hope there is a way to get compatability into dBpowerAMP 12, if the lack of this read command is indeed the reason I cannot find great success. Maybe it is something else, but as stated in the other thread I have tried a full re-install deleteing registry keys as well. help! :smile2:
    Hello Spoon. Before I make a purchase of dBpowerAMP, I would like to know that old read commands will be supported (D8), as with my not-so-old (manufactured in 2001) & reliable Plextor SCSI UltraPlex 40max - PX-40TS talked about above. Can you confirm this?

Thanks

Comment

• Kdeemer
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Teknojnky
      That's because powerpack does not include 'secure' ripping and a bunch of other features that are included in the so called 'reference' version, that you must pay to upgrade over 'powerpack'.

Ie you can can only do 'burst' mode (but you do get accurate rip verification for free).
      I'm still confused. I'm a registered, paid user of R11.5 and Powerpack and have been using the the beta referance version with Powerpack for many weeks with no problem. Has something changed? I've already paid for PowerPack. Is there a way to activate it again in the bata version??

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

That's because powerpack does not include 'secure' ripping and a bunch of other features that are included in the so called 'reference' version, that you must pay to upgrade over 'powerpack'.
        The Power Pack includes secure, Reference adds ultra secure / c2 and plextor FUA.

>old read commands will be supported (D8),

Not in R12, it will be R13 before legacy read commands are supported.

I'm a registered, paid user of R11.5 and Powerpack and have been using the the beta referance version with Powerpack for many weeks with no problem. Has something changed? I've already paid for PowerPack. Is there a way to activate it again in the bata version??
        Up until beta 4 anyone could use Reference. R12 Power Pack will appear on Registered update within a few days, until then you can install R12 trial (ie non reference) over the top of a registered r11.5 and it will stay registered as Power Pack.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Teknojnky
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2006

Thanks for the correction.

Since the base 'secure' feature is in powerpack, then it will be the non-powerpack 'free' version that only provides bust + accurate rip verification, it seems.

While I've already purchased the 'reference', with much reservation due it being restricted to R12 only, I hope when the updated web pages get posted, there is a simple yet detailed list of features that belong to each package, as it is still very confusing what features belong to what without digging into several scattered postings.

Comment

• onthejazz
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
            >old read commands will be supported (D8),

Not in R12, it will be R13 before legacy read commands are supported.
            OK, I really needed confirmation of this before buying your program, so thanks! Do you know what the upgrade fee to 13 will be if I purchase dBpowerAMP 12 reference now instead of later (at 13)?

Should I still send you an internal UltraPlex 40max PX-40TS drive, as the externals would weight a ton for shipping? Do you have a scsi card, because I have an extra one I can send if need be.

Comment

• jgs2n
              • Nov 2006

With R12 final release, can I rip and encode to both flac and mp3 lame at the same time?

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

onthejazz: I believe dBpowerAMP Reference is for each major version of dMC. That is, if you purchase Reference now, if there is a r12.5, you will be able to upgrade to that for no cost. However, dMC r13 will be an additional purchase.

jgs2n: Not until the Multi-Encoder utility codec comes out for dMC r12, which should be sometime soon.

Comment

• vinnie97
                  • Dec 2003

I have an old registered version of PowerPack (ver 1) (filename dMC-PowerPack-Registered.exe). Will I be able to use it in the context of DMC 12? It's actually showing as unregistered on 11.5, which i just installed here after having not had the program for a while (I saved the registered PowerPack exe, however). How can I update to 12 and simultaneously regain registered access to PowerPack?
                  Last edited by vinnie97; 01-26-2007, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Install the R11.5 registered (or even power pack on its own) then R12 (not reference) over the top and the Power Pack will retain registration.

>Do you know what the upgrade fee to 13 will be if I purchase dBpowerAMP 12 reference now instead of later (at 13)?

Not at this stage, but will be under $10.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dhartson
                      • Dec 2006

I am a registered user of dMC Power Pack, and am looking for a way to batch convert, or even singly convert, FLAC files (or MP3) with ReplayGain tags to WAV files which are "normalized". I realize this will change the WAV file--that is what I want. While my music is archived to FLAC, and with ReplayGain tags I can play all of my audio files and enjoy normalized volume/gain during playback, but I am adding background music to personal videos that I am editing and so I would like to convert a file here and another file there to WAV format with the volume/gain normalized for the video (AVI or MPEG2) file.

Can dMC R12 help me with this workflow?

Comment

• hanschke
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2006

is there a special prize for powerpack users which want to update to the ref pack?
                        Last edited by hanschke; 01-26-2007, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

R12 will not act on ReplayGain tags yet, that requires a new DSP effect.

There will be an upgrade from Power Pack to reference, it is possibly 2 weeks away.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Teknojnky
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                            R12 will not act on ReplayGain tags yet, that requires a new DSP effect.
                            Hmm, there is this:

=========================
                            DSPs

A hand full of DSP effects (including ReplayGain), copy zip file to \Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP and extract (preserving folders in ZIP)

DSP Effect Zip
                            At the bottom of the sticky thread, are these dsps no longer valid?

I ran a test rip with the replay/album gain and there are no errors and it appears that both track and album gain tags are there (flac).

Is that dsp set not supposed to be valid with R12 final or is it ok?

Comment

• LtData
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • May 2004

I believe that is the DSP effect he is referring to, however it may not be the final version.

Comment

• thommason
                                • Dec 2006

I removed the beta R12 and then reinstalled the registered version (power pack 11.5). I then installed R12 over top (saying no when it asked me if I wanted to remove 11.5). However, it shows power pack as expiring in 6 days?? How do I retain the registration?
                                Last edited by thommason; 01-27-2007, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>