title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA v9 Codec Beta 1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
    Had a look at the 'two codec options' only appearing when sending to a mp3 device (Windows Media Audio Device), it is because my mp3 device sending code is written in WMA v8, it is only loading the WMA v8 profiles, until MS release the WMA v9 WDM SDK nothing can be done.
    I'm guessing you're addressing my questions about whether or not my NEX II, or other portable MP3 players will play v9 WMA files back to their full potential. Right? I might as well try to decipher Mandarin.

"Had a look at the 'two codec options' only appearing when sending to a mp3 device (Windows Media Audio Device).."

Just what did you see sending the mp3s here, and what do the 'codec options' have to do with this process?

"..it is because my mp3 device sending code is written in WMA v8..."

What exactly did you find to be sending WMA v8 code, and where was it sending it?

"..until MS release the WMA v9 WDM SDK nothing can be done."

What's a SDK, and what's it's function?

Thanks,

NatSkanson ... too busy attempting translations to register. :-D

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Oops... 4 ...7 ... They're pretty close together on the keyboard. ;-P My mistake... Yeah, the MDR-7509 sounds great. They're selling online and in stores for $189 at this point.

NatSkanson
      hey thats a good price! I paid AU$399.00 which is approx US$218.00

so looks like there coming down on price now.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Putting it a different way - you won't get the WMA v9 options when going to a Nex II until Microsoft release a later Software Development Kit.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
          Putting it a different way - you won't get the WMA v9 options when going to a Nex II until Microsoft release a later Software Development Kit.
          Okay Spoon... thanks... that's what I was after. I guess Frontier Labs must be aware of this. I guess I can go ahead and start using the v.9 encoder off and on, and maybe at some point down the line, FL might release firmware that will support it.

But how about software decoders? I imagine there is software out there at this point that can properly decode and play v.9 files. MS must have released a free v.9 decoder for developers to include in MP3 player software, yes?

NatSkanson

Comment

• Unregistered

Just found what was making some wma v9 files dond work in my nomad jukebox!

If they are encoded at 64 kbps, 44 kHz stereo they work perfectly

but if they are encoded at 64 kbps, 48 kHz stereo they just don't work in the nomad jukebox!

Its a metter of khz - I don't know the reason of this - cuz I can record files in wav 48 khz on it.. mabe this is a bug in the wma file or in the player!

Thanks and sorry again for my poor english!

William

Comment

• Unregistered

can i switch back?

Hi

I was thinking about installing the WMA v9 Codec Beta 3 but I wwould like to know if it would be possible after installing to eventually go back to the WMA v8 codec?

Thanks for your oustanding work, i REALLY mean it!

Sincerly

david

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I am unsure if it can be uninstalled, Microsoft mention system restore for the WMP 9 beta, it could be the same for the codecs.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Yes there is a free decoder, dBpowerAMP uses it. For some reason MS split off the portable deivce support and they have yet to update that to wma9.

This BETA IS NOW CLOSED - it has gone to release.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>