title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MusicCollection - multiple sort criteria

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RussellRay
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2004

MusicCollection - multiple sort criteria

Hello all

Would it be possible to incorporate multiple sort criteria in Music Collection ?

For example, sort 1 - artist, sort 2 - year, sort 3 - album, sort 4 - track number.

This would have the effect that per artist the albums could be listed in chronological order and that within each album the tracks would appear in the correct order.

At the moment I have all these factors included in the filename and sort on filename - but it's getting a bit complicated.

Best wishes from Ray
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: MusicCollection - multiple sort criteria

If you are talking about a sorting of tracks within My Music Collection using more than a single factor in sequence, MMC's Sort function does not allow this.

However, I am certain that you can set MMC to display your tracks within MMC in the order you describe. Open MMC, click on Collection, select Preferences. Keep Icon as 1, Artist as 2, set Year to 3, set Album to 4 set track # to 5, set track to 6 and place the other criteria in whatever order you wish (making sure that you do not assign 2 items the same priority). This will result in your tracks being displayed in that order in a fixed manner (you can change it or override it if you like).

For this to be successful for you, you must have this information in your tags.

Is this what you are talking about?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>