title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

expandable window

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alan evil
    • Jan 2005

expandable window

I have trouble seeing what my filename options are with the current window size. If I could make the window and/or line wider it would be no problem. Unfortunately, there are a couple of variations in the dropdown menu that start "artist/album/track..." and that's about all I can see.
  • alan evil
    • Jan 2005

Re: expandable window

Oh, and the line to select "rip to" is also too small to be of any use.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Are you referring to dMC Audio CD Input?

Specifically Options > Rip to Folder and File creation?

Do you have the latest version of dMC? If you have an earlier version there was a bug in Rip To Folder I think. Get the latest version and install on top of the one you have.

For Rip to folder click Set once and a second time when it becomes a button and thne navigate to the folder you want and you can also create a new one inside a folder you navigate to.

For file createtion you do the same thing. Click once on Set and ocne again when it become a button. Then you can select elements from the list below by double clicking and also editing the enter field.

Comment

• alan evil
        • Jan 2005

Sorry for the long delay on continuing this.

You're misunderstanding my problem.

The window that shows the name of the destination folder for converting or ripping files is too small to show the entire path. For instance, in XP the path might be something like "C:\Alan Evil\User\documents\shared documents\Alan\My Documents\My Music\M\My Favorite Band" Because the body of the graphical interface cannot be widened, it is impossible to see that path name, AND you have to start from My Computer when using the browse function instead of browse opening to the current or last used path.

When ripping files with cd input, the dMC - Audio CD Input Options window is too small to see what the File Creation path is. I often use the following: [artist]/[album]/[track number xx]-[track]-[artist]-[album]. But all I can see in the window is "[artist]/[album]/[track number xx]-[track]-[...." The problem with this is there is another one that is [artist]/[album]/[track number xx]-[track]-[artist]-[album]-[title]" in the dropdown menu but one can't easily see which is which without going through the selection process, and when you're finished you still can't see if it's right or not.

There is also a need for an "apply" button as I find the settings don't always take unless I switch to a different feature (and since I can't see the entire path name I can't tell if that works or not until I start the ripping process).

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

If you install the latest version of dMC (R11.5) you'll probably find that this is better controlled.

Comment

• alan evil
            • Jan 2005

I am using Release 11.5.

Comment

• alan evil
              • Jan 2005

bump

The undersized dropdown window is still very annoying. Has this been fixed in some way in the new beta version? Please realize that not all of us want only the track name for filename.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Both fixed for R12 (infact it is smart enough to show [My Documents]\Path), plus the window is wider.

It will be quite awhile before R12 is useable.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>