title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Automatic or scheduled recording

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnLeBlanc
    • Oct 2005

Automatic or scheduled recording

I'd like to automatically record radio programs through FM tuner or streaming audio. Can dbPowerAmp Music Converter be set to automatically record perhaps by:

1. Built-in function

2. Windows task scheduler + PowerAmp command line parameters?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Automatic or scheduled recording

I can see one way you could try to achieve that.

The scheduler will have to be the one to schedule the playing of the audio through your soundcard from whatever source you're using.

You can start dMC Auxiliary Input, fix all the settings in advance, and use the Auto Start function to let it start recording after it detects some sound. Don't use the auto stop.

Also set the Smart track length parameter to the duration of the stream you want to record.

How well any of this will work is anybody's guess. I'd be cautious, as any number things may not be working quite as expected and it will definitely require a lot of trial and error and fine tuning.

dMC Auxiliary Input is a very finicky program, especially judging by how many people have a hard time with it. Not least of the problems is the lack of a player function in it - so one has to juggle the player (or external audio source) and the recorder programs separately.

For recording an internet audio/video stream however I'd recommend the program SDP from http://sdp.ppona.com/ which has a vcr function. It will save your file for you so you can process it in any way you like after that. It won't work for real media streams through the rtsp protocol though.

For recording audio from an external source like an FM tuner I have no idea of any tools.

Comment

Working...

]]>