title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Beta m4a, .mp4 (AAC & Apple Lossless) Codec

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Beta m4a, .mp4 (AAC & Apple Lossless) Codec

A huge update to dbpoweramps mp4 codecs, this release integrates an .m4a aac & apple lossless decoder. The encoder has changed to an updated FAAC encoder. Tagging updates and general codec updates.

Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-codec-mp4.exe

451KB

Uninstall all previous mp4 (decoder & encoders) / apple lossless before installing

Changes:

Combined m4a encoder and decoder
    Changed default encoding ext to .m4a
    Can read .m4b audiobook files
    faac - added extra options (such as -b bitrate),
    does gapless decoding
    6 channel correct channel positioning
    renamed FAAC mp4 to m4a (FAAC CLI)
    Better ID Tagging unicode compatible with dMC R11 (delete, etc)
    Merged ALAC into standard mp4 decoder
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • neohammer
    • Apr 2005

Re: Beta m4a, .mp4 (AAC & Apple Lossless) Codec

Hi,

I've tried installing this 3 times and kee getting "Error whilst running c:\dBPoweramp/musicconverter.exe". I've uninstalled the codec and removed the old version from my win XP system

Ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You need to install Music Converter first.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• fletchdaf
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
        You need to install Music Converter first.
        Well I was quite excited about finding my problem exactly described.

But here was an answer that made no sense to me at all.

I asked myself, "what the hell is Music Converter? I am using dbPowerAmp! Golly gee wizz, [add a whining tone of voice here] I just want to install the mp4 codec!"

So I pay a little more attention, and discover MusicConverter IS what I thought was "dbPowerAmp".

DUH!

Anyway, I was getting the error message:

"error whilst running C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\MusicConverter.exe"

So I searched my program files and found MusicConverter.exe at "C:\Program Files\dBpowerAMP"

After uninstalling the failed codec installation using the "add\remove" feature of XP, I copied the mp4 codec installation program into this directory and tried to run it again.

Same error message.

After uninstalling the failed codec installation using the "add\remove" feature of XP, I went to C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP, copied MusicConverter.exe into this directory and tried again.

This time the installation program ran without the error.

So it appears dbPoweramp has been installed in two different places on my computer:

C:\Program Files\dBpowerAMP
        C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP

The installation program for the mp4 codec expects to find the MusicConverter.exe program in the second location, rather than the first location.

Having done all this, I still can't convert an mp4 file by either right mouse clicking on it or running dbPowerAmp directly.

Answer?

Uninstall dbPowerAMP completely using XP "add/remove" programs. Go to the two locations mentioned above, and manually delete any files still there.

Reinstall dbPowerAMP for a clean install. Then reinstall the dbPowerAMP codecs I was using.

I'll let you know how this went.

Dennis

Comment

• fletchdaf
          • May 2005

Originally posted by fletchdaf
          I'll let you know how this went.
          It went fine. For some reason, I had dbPowerAMP Music Converter installed under "C:\Program Files\dbPowerAMP".

The mp4 codec installation program expects it to be under:

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP"

My Music Converter (using mp4 codec) now works with the right hand mouse click and by starting it directly.

Problem solved.

df
          Last edited by fletchdaf; 05-14-2005, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Well, everything has to be installed to exactly the same folder and subfolder, so whatever and wherever you first installed anything from this group, it dictates where the rest should go. Best is to always let the installer decide and let it install right where it decides to do it.

As you by now have discovered, dBpowerAMP is a whole series of programs. One of them is Music Converter, referred to usually as dMC. Then there's dMC Audio CD Input which is otherwise called CD Grabber for ripping cd's; dMC Auxiliary Input for recording through the sound card (and converting at the same time to various file types); dCW which is the dBpowerAMP CD Writer (incorporating conversions again); dAP which is the dBpowerAMP Player and so on. With all these there are accessory programs to get configuration, etc.:D

Codecs are required to be installed in order to perform conversions to various file types, beyond the 2-3 basic codecs comprised in the initial installation.

And so on and so forth :D

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Now released.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>