title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I would like folder creation and numerical numbering when ripping cds, please.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alan evil
    • Jan 2005

I would like folder creation and numerical numbering when ripping cds, please.

I'm considering switching from MMJB (I bought it a LONG time ago) for ripping cds but there are some major drawbacks to using dbPoweramp. You all know the plusses of dBpoerAMP like it's faster and sounds better. Here's what I would like to see in this before I buy the extra package and I wouldn't think would be so hard to include.

1. Folder tree creation when ripping cds. I have hundreds of albums archived and I like my method because they play in the right order in any player. I have all of my albums in an artist folder which contains individual folders for each album. Then each file is numbered. Since the Artist name and the album name are present in separate fields why doesn't the converter offer the option of creating those paths when ripping cds? That way I wouldn't have to create an artist/album set of folders every time and then redirect the program, instead I could put the cd in and rip it to "My Music," one step replacing a whole bunch of steps and typing and clicking and stuff. Or is this function hidden somewhere I can't see?

2. Make numbers 1-9 start with the numeral 0 so that 10 comes after 9 instead of before 2 and 2 comes before 11... That's another additional whole bunch of steps with this program. I have to go back and add a zero to 1-9 for every album so the songs will be in the right order inside the folder I had to create.

I like for my songs to be in order without needing an m3u and many hardware mp3 cd players will not read them anyway. I have mp3 cd players in my car, workshop, work truck, DVDplayer, etc. and the above two items are essential for all of them to play albums properly or to be able to browse a library easily.

I really hope these are things I'm just missing as the speed and sound quality of this product is better than MMJB. The extra hassle of creating folders and manually changing file names leads me to believe I'll probably stick with MMJB. I've still got several thousand cds to rip and I'm not getting any younger.
  • alan evil
    • Jan 2005

Re: I would like folder creation and numerical numbering when ripping cds, please.

Seconds after writing the above I saw the method for creating the double track number. Gotta check those glasses. Still don't see how to create album folders in artist folders. And the "really easy" solution to creating an artist folder makes no sense to me... I really hate instructions that don't assume I'm an idiot.

Comment

• alan evil
      • Jan 2005

Re: I would like folder creation and numerical numbering when ripping cds, please.

Ok, never mind. It took me multiple tries to figure out how to get everything to work. For some reason it kept resetting and I kept trying to type things in and it wouldn't save. I guess I'll be shelling out that $15 after all! Well, that is if I don't screw up and miss the answer to something again.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by alan evil
        ... Well, that is if I don't screw up and miss the answer to something again.
        The graphic password? :teufel8: :D

Comment

Working...

]]>