title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Incomplete uninstall of WMA 9?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Incomplete uninstall of WMA 9?

I decided to update to the latest wma (beta) codec and so initially I unistalled the previous version. I now find that when I launch dMC to convert a file I get a ghosted entry for 'Windows Media Audio 9' in the popup list.

Anyone know how I can get rid of this before I attempt a complete uninstall/reinstall of dMC?

Wayne
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Incomplete uninstall of WMA 9?

Have you considered removing the dB codec entries from registery and rebooting before starting your installation?

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

The ghosted entry is for a "smart install" of the WMP 9 codecs, like FLAC and OGG are when you first install, I think.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

The ghosted entry is for a "smart install" of the WMP 9 codecs, like FLAC and OGG are when you first install, I think.
        Yes, I'd forgotten about that!

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Also one goes with the Windows Media Audio V9.1.dll and the other with Windows Media Audio V9.dll .

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

As Homer would say, "Doh!".

I realised my mistake last night when I tried to select the ghosted entry and dMC kindly asked me if I would like to download the codec. It has been such a long time since I haven't had the commonly used codecs installed that I had completely forgotten about the smart download feature.

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>