title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC File Selector In dMC-r11

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill41
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2004

dMC File Selector In dMC-r11

File Selector does not work in final dMC -r11.When selected it goes to task bar
    and hides.It works OK in dMC-rc1.Anyone else have this problem?
    Bill
  • JVILLAS
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2002

Re: dMC File Selector In dMC-r11

Seems to be working fine on my system (xpsp2). I am using the latest release.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bill41
      File Selector does not work in final dMC -r11.When selected it goes to task bar
      and hides.It works OK in dMC-rc1.Anyone else have this problem?
      Bill
      Does it work if you right click on the button in the task bar and maximize the window?

Comment

• Bill41
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
        Does it work if you right click on the button in the task bar and maximize the window?

When I right click on it I get the box with the restore,minimize,& close commands. The only one that does anything is the close command.Left click and
        nothing happens. I can right click on a file and convert that way. When I go back to an earlier version of dMC, everything works OK, so I thought I might have found a bug.Guess not.I'll keep playing with it and maybe I'll find the problem.Thanks.
        Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

When I right click on it I get the box with the restore,minimize,& close commands. The only one that does anything is the close command.Left click and
          nothing happens. I can right click on a file and convert that way. When I go back to an earlier version of dMC, everything works OK, so I thought I might have found a bug.Guess not.I'll keep playing with it and maybe I'll find the problem.Thanks.
          Bill
          Are you running dMC File selector from a shortcut? If so, find it and right click on it and > Properties > Shortcut > Run in normal window.

Comment

• Bill41
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2004

Are you running dMC File selector from a shortcut? If so, find it and right click on it and > Properties > Shortcut > Run in normal window.

Yes Christina, that's one of the first things I checked. When you first click on
            it, you'll see the window open in the bottom right of the desktop and then go into the task bar just leaving the icon showing, like when you have a program
            running in the background.
            Bill

Comment

• Bill41
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2004

Yes Christina, that's one of the first things I checked. When you first click on
              it, you'll see the window open in the bottom right of the desktop and then go into the task bar just leaving the icon showing, like when you have a program
              running in the background.
              Bill

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

Bill-
                You might try opening File Selector and with it "hiding", change your display setting to the highest resolution supported (Start > Control Panel >Display > Settings). Apply this higher resolution, close the Contol Panel. Can you see the File Selector Window on your Desktop now. If so, drag it to the center of the Desktop and decrease your screen resolution to a comfortable level. (This is sometimes effective with dAP skins that "disappear").

I do not have the problem you report with File Selector in the latest dMC r11 but I am not starting from File Selector from a shortcut either. I assume your problem also occurs if you open File Selector from Start > All Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > File Selector.

Best wishes,
                Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

I'm running from a shortcut and don't have this problem.

If nothing else works, try uninstalling File Selector from Control Panel and reinstalling it.

What's your OS? and are you logged in as administrator?

Comment

• Bill41
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by xoas
                    Bill-
                    You might try opening File Selector and with it "hiding", change your display setting to the highest resolution supported (Start > Control Panel >Display > Settings). Apply this higher resolution, close the Contol Panel. Can you see the File Selector Window on your Desktop now. If so, drag it to the center of the Desktop and decrease your screen resolution to a comfortable level. (This is sometimes effective with dAP skins that "disappear").

I do not have the problem you report with File Selector in the latest dMC r11 but I am not starting from File Selector from a shortcut either. I assume your problem also occurs if you open File Selector from Start > All Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > File Selector.

Best wishes,
                    Bill Mikkelsen
                    Tried your little trick,Bill with no luck and I've tried it from the shortcut & directly from the dMC file.

"If nothing else works, try uninstalling File Selector from Control Panel and reinstalling it."

I think it's a part of dMC now.

"What's your OS? and are you logged in as administrator?"

Christina I'm using WinXP Pro & I am the admin. So far, and this is just in the last 10 minutes, I've reinstalled the two
                    previous versions before r11 and they worked perfectly, I downloaded r11 again & reinstalled, and File Selector is back in it's hole. Before the last install
                    I deleted the File Selector folder in the registry which didn't help. Strange.
                    Well maybe I'll just wait for the next release and hope that clears it up.
                    Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

Tried your little trick,Bill with no luck and I've tried it from the shortcut & directly from the dMC file.

"If nothing else works, try uninstalling File Selector from Control Panel and reinstalling it."

I think it's a part of dMC now.

"What's your OS? and are you logged in as administrator?"

Christina I'm using WinXP Pro & I am the admin. So far, and this is just in the last 10 minutes, I've reinstalled the two
                      previous versions before r11 and they worked perfectly, I downloaded r11 again & reinstalled, and File Selector is back in it's hole. Before the last install
                      I deleted the File Selector folder in the registry which didn't help. Strange.
                      Well maybe I'll just wait for the next release and hope that clears it up.
                      Bill
                      Well, sorry to hear all this trouble persists.

Have you got SP2 installed by any chance? Not that I have a better clue in that case, but we can add one more to the list of troubles apparently caused by SP2.

Comment

• xoas
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2002

Bill-
                        I assume that you uninstalled dMC, removed the File Selector folder from the registry, and then restarted the computer.
                        Can you go back and look at the File Selector folder in the registry using regedit. I see only three lines to it on my screen. The first line reads (Default) REG_SZ (value not set).
                        The second line reads dMC-FileSelector-NoKeepPath REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1).
                        The third line reads ExcludeFileType0 REG_SZ.

If your values for any of these entries are different, you might try editing them. If you have other lines here, you might try deleting just those lines and restarting. If you do have anything different, could you let us know. If you make changes to the registry, restart the computer before attempting to reinstall and I would urge you to remove (before restarting) your shortcut to File Selector (which you can always re-create once you've solved the basic problem).

Apart from that, I would first try Uninstalling dMC, removing dMC from the registry, removing any folders connected to dMC, restarting the computer and reinstalling dMC. Should that not work, or should you want to add an extra measure, download dMC r11 again (to guard against the possibility your download somehow got corrupted). Reinstall (with fingers crossed) and try File Selector again.

If you are feeling luck you might try first just downloading a new version of dMC 11 and installing that over your old version.

Best wishes and good luck,
                        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Bill41
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Nov 2004

Well, sorry to hear all this trouble persists.

Have you got SP2 installed by any chance? Not that I have a better clue in that case, but we can add one more to the list of troubles apparently caused by SP2.
                          Christina, I've had SP2 installed before M$ made it available on Windows Update.
                          Never had any problems. From dMC r-10 to now has worked perfectly, so I don't think that's the problem, but you never know with these computers or
                          confusers as Leo calls them.

Originally posted by XOAS
                          The first line reads (Default) REG_SZ (value not set).
                          The second line reads dMC-FileSelector-NoKeepPath REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1).
                          The third line reads ExcludeFileType0 REG_SZ.
                          Bill, the only difference was the 1 in the second line,which I changed from
                          0 to 1 and that made no difference in r11 or r11-rc1, File Selector works in
                          rc1 and does not in r11. As for your other suggestions, I've tried all of them
                          several times with the same result, File Selector Version 6.0.0.1 will not run
                          on my machine. As long as I don't have a lot of files to convert, it's really not
                          a problem, just wanted to know if it was my problem or something in the
                          software. Thanks for all the help.
                          Bill

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

It could be jumping off screen, in regedit delete the folder (key) 'FileSelector' (in software\illustrate\dbpoweramp)

does that help?
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bill41
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                              It could be jumping off screen, in regedit delete the folder (key) 'FileSelector' (in software\illustrate\dbpoweramp)

does that help?
                              No Spoon that doesn't seem to help either. Could I use File Selector ver.6.0.0.0
                              with dMC r11? I tried it once but it said it couldn't find a .dll, I forget which one,
                              so I dropped that idea.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>