title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

APE & Cue file integration

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fyber
    • Nov 2004

APE & Cue file integration

Hi,

Is it possible to use the cue-files associated with certain ape-files, so that the tracklist is automatically used when converting to wav? Saves a lot of time in having to break up the files individually...

If not possible (yet), something you can implement?

Regards,

:D
  • Supacon
    • Dec 2004

Re: APE & Cue file integration

I regularly use foobar2000 for most of the functions that dMC offers, and it generally works great. dMC looks like great software that would probably even work better in many ways, but it does not seem to offer cuesheet support. Foobar2000 has a great strength in that it can work with cuesheets seamlessly...

you load a cuesheet, and it works much like a playlist, and treats each track as an independent file that you can play or shuffle, or label. The only thing I'd like to see in foobar2000 is a little more ability to customize how it deals with the track indexes and pretrack gaps.

I have most of my personal CDs ripped in single file images, compressed losslessly (or sometimes at 320 kbit/s MP3) with embedded or separate cuesheet files, so if I want to make a compilation out of my CDs, or only take a few tracks from one disc, this function is essential to provide the kind of convenience that dBPowerAMP can offer.

Comment

• Randi
      • Dec 2004

Re: APE & Cue file integration

I can only second that wish, but general support for cue files of course (especially mp3 and flac). It just sucks, to first convert it to wave, then mount it with d-tools, and then rip it with db cd input (which is the easiest part)

Randi

Comment

Working...

]]>