title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Real AUdio files - No Convert to in Windows Explorer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Real AUdio files - No Convert to in Windows Explorer

This is something I just noticed now, don't know if it has always been so.

For any Real AUdio files (.ra) that I may have, hovering over their file names in Windows Explorer does not offer the dMC Convert To option that I have for other audio file types fro which I have codecs. I can only convert them if I start dMC on its own and use the dMC browser to find my Real Audio files.

Is this maybe due to a setting that I can control and maybe I haven't done properly, is it an oversight in the making of dMC or is it just something that purposely gets left out from the Windows Shell Integration for this file type?

I have:

1) dMC R11 (Reelase Candidate 1)

2) Installed Compression Codecs (Write):
    - Real Audio Release 3 (.rm)

3) Installed Input Codecs (Read):
    - Real Audio Input Decoder (.ra, .rm, .ram)

4) Real Player v 10.5 (free version) - no special plugins (just reinstalled it since it myseriously vanished during a cleanup )

5) Windows 2K Pro as up-to-date as M$ has deemed necessary to support.

Any ideas anybody? Thanks.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Real AUdio files - No Convert to in Windows Explorer

Update:

The Convert To is present for .rm files but not for .ra files.

Is this an oversight?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Should be there, dMC Configuration doesn't put it back (after a reboot)?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
        Should be there, dMC Configuration doesn't put it back (after a reboot)?
        Actually, it is there now and it wasn't there at the time I'd posted this.
        Damned if I know why it wasn't there before :confused:

I had to reinstall Real Player a couple of days ago because I discovered that msyteriosuly it had sort of disappeared. Well, maybe because I'd done some cleanup and deleted some required program (an auto updater of sorts comes to mind). I probably didn't check on the real media right-click convert at that time. It must be that after I reinstalled Real Player I didn't reboot so it didn't reset that feature. That's probably when I checked on the right-click situation.

Sorry about this, Spoon. I thought I'd been checking things properly but obviously not. :o

Comment

Working...

]]>