title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Replay Gain

Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain Replay Gain

Pretty please with sugar on the top?

It's so much better than normal normalization. How about cooperating with the creator of mp3gain?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Replay Gain

Is replay gain any different from the Auto Volume Normalize feature in the dBpowerAMP Audio Player?

Comment

• Unregistered

Comment

• Unregistered

Yes, see http://www.replaygain.org/ for the original proposal, and http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ for an (excellent) implementation of the algorithm.

While mp3gain is good enough in itself, it would really be great if the replay gain could be added at the time of encoding, so the entire process can be single-step.

Comment

• sdkeexxx
          • Dec 2004

Seconded. This would make my life a heck of a lot easier. Current ripping includes:

1: EAC -> Test & Rip to WAV
          2: WavGain (output to 32 bit float WAV)
          3: DMC -> Convert to Monkey's
          4: DMC -> Tag From Filename

This could become (with addition of EAC style paranoid ripping and replaygain):

1: DMC -> Paranoid Rip to Monkey's w/ ReplayGain

That said, without the current abilities of DMC and DAP even my current strategy would by hopelessly difficult. Hat's off to Spoon!

Scott

Comment

• MEmerton
            • Dec 2004

The auto volume ability of DBPowerAMP is an amasing feature.

If this was hooked into replay gain, it would make it even easier when dumping to my laptop no need to re-run the music through to autovolume again.

Ill third this!

Comment

Working...

]]>