title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.NSF to .WAV or .MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkzebra
    • Oct 2004

.NSF to .WAV or .MP3

I just want to make a c.d. with all of my .nsf files on it, but they aren't compatible with c.d. players. Being able to make a full c.d. would be so great. 8-bit music is so creative (they had to be with the limited sounds they could use) and listening to it with my friends would be so much fun! I'm so sad I can't...
    :cry:
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: .NSF to .WAV or .MP3

Can you play that in any player at all? Then you can record the audio through the soundcard using dMC Auxiliary Input.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

There are a number of players that can play these files and a few WinAmp Plug-Ins to allow .nsf files to be played through WinAmp (for a list of some of the resources available, see: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/nsf.html).

If you want to try this, there is a possibility that you could use the WinAmp Input Adapter for dBpowerAMP Music Converter (available from Codec Central here:
      http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-winamp.htm) to decode these files in dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC). For this to work, you will need WinAmp, the appropriate WinAmp Plug-in, dMC, and the Winamp Input Adapter. You will then need to follow the instructions for the Winamp Input Adapter to copy the WinAmp Plug-In file to the dMC WinAmp Plug-In folder (go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>Codecs>Winamp Input Codec Help after to have installed the Input Adapter codec).
      Once you have these all installed and configured, check to see if you can test convert one of your .nsf files using dMC. This is done just like a regular conversion except where you would select the format you want to convert to select Test Conversion. This will tell you whether dMC will be able to read your file.

The Winamp Input Adapter will not work with all WinAmp plug-ins. And there are a few different Winamp plugins for .nsf files. So it may take a little time to determine whether this will be of help to you or not.

Otherwise, you can record these files off of the soundcard, as Christina said.

Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• inkzebra
        • Oct 2004

Thanks for the link xoas! The translation actually only works partially (there are a series of songs in each .nsf file and it only translates the first one) but I'm still very happy with that. THANKS SO MUCH!
        :D

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

The translation actually only works partially (there are a series of songs in each .nsf file and it only translates the first one)
          I would like to think that with a little tinkering you might be able to improve on this, although I cannot guarantee success in the search. What do you normally use to play these .nsf files? What winamp plug-ins have you tried? It may be that some other plug-in (or even combination of plug-ins) might work better.

I'm still very happy with that. THANKS SO MUCH!
          You're very welcome!

Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>