title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBPowerAMP Player still being worked on?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

dBPowerAMP Player still being worked on?

I have been using dBPowerAmp media player for so long now really for 4 main reasons:

1. THIS IS NUMBER ONE FOR A REASON: IT FREE!
    2. The MINI-AMP! Thst thing is amazing...a lot of skins have it, if not you can add it yourself...its so cool! I keep it in the corner of my screen all the time!
    3. The 'My Music Collection' feature is great! I love the selective option too because it lets you choose which bands you want it to play and not play..
    4. Customizablitiy (is that a word?). It's so customizably, almost everything can be changed on it! And the skin creator makes it REALLY EASY!

But now I've been using beta 4 of RC3 for a very long time now, the last release was back in March...is there every going to be a newer version? I love this program, I'd hate to see it die like that...
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dBPowerAMP Player still being worked on?

I'm sure it's still being worked on, but right now Spoon seems to be concentrating on getting the dMC 11 done. One thing at a time.
    (If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me Spoon or moderator people)

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

i think that sounds about right to me. hopefully Spoon can get some time before the end of the year or early next year so we can finally see live streaming and dirX plugin capabilty.

fingersX

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Should get around to a big update for dAP in about 2 months.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

xmass present :D

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

just getting a leg in here incase you forgot.

the EQ boost needs to work as intended http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2327

and a 20 band EQ instead of the 18 http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ight=equalizer

then i can start making all my pre EQ pre sets. i have been waiting a long time for this one
            thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Trouble is the eq behind the scenes is 18 band, the new default skin will have a 20 band eq which is mapped into 18 band.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

i'm not sure i understand? you can do a true 20band? or no?

if you map a 20band slider to an actual 18band freq range then you are just assigning two sliders to one freq?

can't you just divide the freq range from 55hz to 19Khz equally by 20?

or better still 22hz to 22.050Khz divided by 30 equal Q parts
                Last edited by Spoons; 09-26-2004, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• donny
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Oct 2002

oh and keyboard shortcuts please, please , please....

at least more underlined letters in the mmc (like the edit tag)...

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

ATM the mapping of the EQ is not great (ie just dropped), if I can remember a frequency graph will be created and the exact 18 points taken from that.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

how about this?

lbc[0] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[0]); // 20 Hz
                      lbc[1] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[1]); // 25 Hz
                      lbc[2] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[2]); // 31 Hz
                      lbc[3] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[3]); // 40 Hz
                      lbc[4] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[4]); // 50 Hz
                      lbc[5] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[5]); // 63 Hz
                      lbc[6] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[6]); // 80 Hz
                      lbc[7] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[7]); // 100 Hz
                      lbc[8] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[8]); // 125 Hz
                      lbc[9] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[9]); // 160 Hz
                      lbc[10] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[10]); // 200 Hz
                      lbc[11] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[11]); // 250 Hz
                      lbc[12] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[12]); // 315 Hz
                      lbc[13] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[13]); // 400 Hz
                      lbc[14] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[14]); // 500 Hz
                      lbc[15] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[15]); // 630 Hz
                      lbc[16] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[16]); // 800 Hz
                      lbc[17] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[17]); // 1.00 kHz
                      lbc[18] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[18]); // 1.25 KHz
                      lbc[19] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[19]); // 1.60 KHz
                      lbc[20] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[20]); // 2.00 kHz
                      lbc[21] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[21]); // 2.50 kHz
                      lbc[22] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[22]); // 3.150 kHz
                      lbc[23] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[23]); // 4.00 kHz
                      lbc[24] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[24]); // 5.00 kHz
                      lbc[25] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[25]); // 6.30 kHz
                      lbc[26] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[26]); // 8.00 kHz
                      lbc[27] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[27]); // 10.00 kHz
                      lbc[28] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[28]); // 12.50 kHz
                      lbc[29] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[29]); // 16.00 kHz
                      lbc[30] = lpreamp * GetEqdBValue(StoredGraphicEQ.Position[30]); // 20.00 kHz

Comment

• Razgo
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

just working off Graphic Equalizer Studio v2.5 : http://www.audio-software.com/index.html

the default value there is 1/3 octave and Q factor of "6". but their Q factor is adjustable. any chance of an adjustable Q in dap? perhaps no point as when you bring in dirX compatability this pas EQ will plug straight in
                        Last edited by Spoons; 09-28-2004, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• ChaOsMinsTreL
                          • Jan 2004

the only thing thats keeping me from using dbpoweramp player is no repeat one function. The only thing. Plz make a beta with it included.

Comment

• Unregistered

I would like to second that request too.... please could you add a repeat function???

Comment

• donny
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Oct 2002

repeat one (and repeat) are available thru QueMaster (it has to be turned on all the time you want to repeat) ... download and take a look at the help files if you have problems, and eventually you can ask me if you still have problems....
                              I have to say that the feature is a bit buggy but it should work, especially for repeat one...

Comment

Working...

]]>