title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Recovering M4A Archive Files to iPod Playlists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bredgy
    • Sep 2004

Recovering M4A Archive Files to iPod Playlists

Hello all,

I really hope you can help me here.

I tried to upload MP3s (using EphPod) on my new PC when the IPod battery died. The update was obviously not successful and the "DO NOT DISCONNECT" message on the iPod was not observed.

The resulting problem is as follows... the MP3 tracks I had are now missing from the iPod itself, yet they still exist in "M4A Archive" format on the iPod when you view the "Music" folder using Windows Explorer.

From reading other posts I believe the original iTunesDB file has been damaged (during the battery failure). Essentially I need to build a new file of this. However when I connect to iTunes the M4A archive files are not picked up in a new list.

Does anybody know if it is possible to retrieve the list of M4A files and reconvert them to standard MP3s that will be recognised by the iPod?

Is there any other way I can retrieve the 1300 or so tracks using some way other than trying to copy the files to my hard drive using Copy&Paste tactics?

Am I in trouble... has anyone seen this before... please advise me on any options you think could help.

I am very reluctant to restore the iPod factory settings, as you can imagine.

Attached is a screenshot of the iPod file structure and a sample of files from it.

Really hope you can help me out here.

Thanks in advance,

Brendan C.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Recovering M4A Archive Files to iPod Playlists

If you install Sveta Portable Audio and the iPod driver, then open Sveta Explorer >> Extras >> iPod Properties >> 'Search for Lost Audio' (I think it is called) will do as you wish.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>