title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DBPowerAmp Music Player Can Not Open Wav Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

DBPowerAmp Music Player Can Not Open Wav Codec

Hi,

I am trying to convert some MP3's into WAV files. I have used this program for years to do this but for some reason when i try now it comes up with an error saying that it can not open the WAV Codec to encode the new file. Since this codec comes with the original program setup i am at a loss as for what to do. I have uninstalled and re-installed twice and still have the same problem. MP3 and WMA conversions work just not the WAV. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Thank you
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: DBPowerAmp Music Player Can Not Open Wav Codec

Does this happen for all mp3's you try to convert to wav or only for some?

Are they perhaps mp3pro files? Then you'll need to get the other decoding codecs for that from Codec Central.

Comment

• Unregistered

it does the same for any mp3 file that i try. i can do wav to mp3 but not mp3 to wav.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
        it does the same for any mp3 file that i try. i can do wav to mp3 but not mp3 to wav.
        Did you download and install to the same folder as all of dMC's components all the mp3 codecs from Codec Central?

Comment

• Unregistered

actually no i didnt do that. i never had to before. its the compression codec for wav files that isnt working for some reason. i even tried another program and got the same results.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
            actually no i didnt do that. i never had to before. its the compression codec for wav files that isnt working for some reason. i even tried another program and got the same results.
            The mp3 format is a special type (or a family of types) of wav file format. It's possible the error message is simply misleading. Please try what I suggest and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...

]]>