title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 to AAC.. HELP! HELP! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zEke
    • Jun 2004

MP3 to AAC.. HELP! HELP! HELP!

i got a new cellphone, nokia 3300.. i think that it'll kick ass if i got bunch of songs uploaded.. mp3 is way more bigger than aac.. i know that dBpowerAMP music converter is applicable, but it does not support AAC encoding.. just got MP3 [lame] and WAVE.. ive read also from another thread that he downloaded this codec thing.. there are a lotta codec there and i dunno which one will support this AAC thingy.. puleeeezzzz.. i need this badly.. puleeezzzz hit this thread soon guys aight?? tnx so much! peace..
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: MP3 to AAC.. HELP! HELP! HELP!

I have not worked with anything in the AAC format and I have not done what you are proposing to do. I hope the following will help:

Get the AAC decoder and encoder from codec central. Download and install (I assume you already have dB Music Converter). You can reach Codec Central through one of the Quick Links at the top of this page. There you will find AAC and mp4 codecs. You will need at least the AAC decoder and the AAC encoder.

Review this link re:another user's experience trying to convert tunes to a Nokia cell phone here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ighlight=phone

Also, Ferris has some useful links you may want to review before you start. these are:

So curb your enthusiasm so that you will be prepaered to address whatever roadblocks come your way. Good luck and have fun!
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

hey guys i need help here.. please help me... I have already the music converter and the AAC encoder and decoders but i still have a problem converting mp3 to AAC because the program still needs the "fastenc.exe" <-- Where can i get this??

<note> i didnt download the mp4 to AAC and AAC to mp4 thing located at the bottom of the "AAC encoder and decoder page"

Please help me... I have nokia 3300 as well.

thanks

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Which AAC encoder did you download? If you dowloaded and installed the Psytel codec you need to also install the AAC enc file over this. If you have already done this, then try installing the AAC to mp4/mp4 to AAC codec as well.
        If you have not already done so, please review the first link posted above which provides some insight as to one user's experience and recommendations with the same kind of project with a Nokia cell phone.
        Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

ok... i've got it all! thanks!

but i still have a problem... its about the file size. it seems that only the file name has been changed.

i need a smaller file size so that i can put more songs in my mobile.

please help me here...

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Two things:
            1. When you convert your mp3 file, make sure the the dMC box that says "Delete Source Files After Conversion" is NOT checked. If it is checked your mp3 file will be lost and replaced by your new AAC file.

2. When you convert your mp3 file the dMC Window will have a box titled Preset/Bitrate. Use the menu to the right of this to set the bitrate. Your cell phone manual may give you some guidance here. Your smallest file size (at least with the Psytel Codec) will be 48 kbs. So try that or 56 kbs (try both and see if there's a qualitative difference.

If there is a way to achieve smaller AAC bitrates for cell phine usage, perhaps someone else can help.

Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

So.. I guess MP3 to AAC problems resolved. Thank you very much!!!
              more power!!!

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                So.. I guess MP3 to AAC problems resolved. Thank you very much!!!
                more power!!!

I have a Nokia 6230 with the same problem.
                It|s supposed to play both Mp3 and AAC. As Im a mac user (and then iTunes) i know all about AAC and wanted to use that on my phone, as it is smaller in size (Mb) and in my ears at the same quality as a 192 Kbps Mp3.

But I found out that the Nokia only plays a shitty AAC format (low bitrate and so on) (I dont know the details) but it sounds as the sound quality you get on the movies (3gp format - with audio set ti "speach"). So to set and end to the "how to get my phon loaded with great AAC music files" to rest here is what you do...

Buy a bigger MMC card - Forget AAC and load you phone with Mp3!

Thats it! :-)

Comment

• Unregistered

How do you convert mp3 to acc????
                  I still dont get it. I am trying to convert them on to my ipod. When ever I click on a mp3, itunes pops up but it does not play the song.

Do i need a acc converter to do this???

Thanks.

Comment

• Croog

How can I preserve ID3v1 from mp3 when I converting it to AAC??

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Install the Mp4 encoder and decoder, then convert to mp4 (which is aac with tags).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Croog

Originally posted by Spoon
                        Install the Mp4 encoder and decoder, then convert to mp4 (which is aac with tags).
                        Hmm, thx. Winamp playies mp4 files well, id tags are still here (in different window then info about mp3). But my nokia 6230 don't know mp4 audio files. :( After convert mp4 to aac are id tags gone and winamp can't play these aac files.? Nokia yes, but without id tags.. :(

When i convert mp3 directly to AAC and manualy write id tags in winamp window "view file info.." (same asi mp3 file info), it's work good.

(sorry for my english)

Comment

• hans-j�rgen
                          • Sep 2004

When i convert mp3 directly to AAC and manualy write id tags in winamp window "view file info.." (same asi mp3 file info), it's work good.
                          Winamp uses ID3 tags with .aac files, and it seems that your Nokia phone can read them. If dBpowerAMP should behave like Winamp, it would be necessary to enable direct ripping/transcoding to .aac files instead of .mp4/.m4a files, because the MP4 container uses completely different tags (iTunes) that get lost when extracting .aac files from the MP4 container format. The Nokia phone neither understands .mp4 files nor their tagging format (unless it comes with an installed RealPlayer which might be able to decode at least .m4a files then).

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

dBpowerAMP will write APE2 tags to an aac file (there is no standard on tagging aac files).
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Croog

2 hans-j�rgen: You are right.

Originally posted by Spoon
                              dBpowerAMP will write APE2 tags to an aac file (there is no standard on tagging aac files).
                              It's a pity. I tried Easy CD-DA Extractor too. It writes ID3v2 tags to AAC. After that, I must open each AAC file in winamp and click to "Copy to ID3v1", because my Nokia can read only ID3v1 tags...

But dbpoweramp is better software.. :(

Comment

Working...

]]>