title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Keep getting "Unable to read CD" error on LAST track on several discs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realillusions
    • Sep 2018

Keep getting "Unable to read CD" error on LAST track on several discs

Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 16' to '/Volumes/Sabrent 2TB/MUSIC/*RIPPED FROM CD/Eric Clapton/From The Cradle/16 Eric Clapton - Groaning The Blues.flac'
    Track 16: ERROR Ripping LBA 243930 to 271440 (6:06) in 0:17. Filename: /Volumes/Sabrent 2TB/MUSIC/*RIPPED FROM CD/Eric Clapton/From The Cradle/16 Eric Clapton - Groaning The Blues.flac
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 243930 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 271440)

When ripping a batch of CDs from the used CD store (even if they're NEW) I often get the error above, and when attempting to re-rip, CD Ripper won't detect the drive and the drive won't detect the CD, so I have to quit the application and turn drive off-then-on, sometimes I'm able to rip on second attempts, sometimes I'm not.

On SETTINGS I change Lead-In/Lead-Out setting, and that sometimes does the trick. Sometimes I have to "Burst" rip it.

How can I troubleshoot to see what is causing the error, if software settings , or optical drive?

Please advise.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Keep getting "Unable to read CD" error on LAST track on several discs

Likely the drive is at fault, if the earlier tracks ripped especially.

A 'unable to read cd' is where the cd drive refuses to send any data whats-so-ever for that part of the disc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>