title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No way to override the inbuilt cache.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miggs
    • Jul 2020

No way to override the inbuilt cache.

I used Discogs and MusicBrainz to retrieve metadata, this works well. Usually by clicking 'Clear Track metadata', then entering a url for a specific release under 'Manual Metadata Search'.

Issue is. If you need to re-rip a disc because the Discogs / MusicBrainz info has changed. When you enter the same url as a previous rip it does not bring down the new information. It seems to display the old info from the inbuilt cache. There doesn't seem to be a way to force the program to download the updated info. Even when you click 'Clear Track metadata'. Then click 'Manual Metadata Search', enter the url. The info displayed is the old info downloaded previously, not the updated info.

A couple of times I have retrieved the info from Discogs. Realised that there has been errors. Such as spelling mistakes, or numbering issues. Gone over to Discogs, corrected the errors. Then redownloaded the metadata into dBpoweramp. I refuses to redownload. Only showing the cached info.

Thanks

Michael
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No way to override the inbuilt cache.

The Manual Metadata search page does not cache the data, it is a live check.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>