title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Add cue sheets to rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlmart
    • Feb 2024

Add cue sheets to rip

I am getting ready to rip my CD and LP collection, to store it digitally to my PC and later to my NAS.

One thing I will still have to decide, which is which format to use, which has to be lossless.

There seems to be two: wav and flac.

People say both have the same quality, the top you can get, but today I knew that flac is not strictly uncompressed. It seems to be set in such a way as to be lossless, but there's compression in it, if I got it right. Wav has no compression at all.

OTOS there's some issues with the managing audio programs, as some do not recognize or read both formats. Kodi, for instance, doesn't read wav files.

The next question is the cue-sheet. I want wo write one when I rip my discs. Not to have all in one file, but even if I have separate files.

How do write a cue-sheet with dbpoweramp?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Add cue sheets to rip

Regarding the file format, use flac. Compression in the flac format is data compression, not audio compression and the format is Lossless.

An encoded flac will save you disk space, and when decoded, is identical to wav. Also, tagging wav files is not straight forward, whereas flac is.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Re: Add cue sheets to rip

Read this: [codec] CUE Sheet Image Utility Codec

Comment

Working...

]]>