title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP R2024 beta

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craigmcg1965
    • Feb 2024

Re: Asset UPnP R2024 beta

Originally posted by PeterP
    Download link fixed.
    Thanks - beta downloaded, installed, and now updating databases/libraries.

Comment

• simbun
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by PeterP
      Regarding [SimpleArtist]-
      I made it send just dc:creator and strip everything else. Since that doesn't work for your control point, I'm changing it to send upnp:artist instead, per old discussion.
      I've just tested this on ARM 64-bit and it's working well.

Comment

• vilsen
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2018

Thanks for the new features, especially the amended [SimpleArtist]. Will there not be a Windows beta, only the final version? Just curious (don't want to push anything if it delays the final version). We want to test [SimpleArtist] on a Cambridge streamer.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Only the final for windows.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vilsen
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jul 2018

I respect your decision, but may I ask why this has changed? Until recently the windows version was the prioritized one with betas coming first.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

We were getting zero feedback on Windows betas for Asset.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vilsen
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jul 2018

Hm, strange if that's the reason. There's been feedback when Asset betas for windows has been released, see e.g. here.

And the betas are actually useful for us too, with features coming sooner.

Anyway, how far off is the final version for us windows users - are we talking days, weeks or months?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

The source between Windows and Linux/NAS/Mac is separate, so it would be either or, and backported before release, that is the reason, we get more feedback for the other releases combined.

Once the update is tested and feature rich, we release.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Arnold
                    • Mar 2016

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the improvements in Asset (for Synology).

- The Option menu layout has improved with the subheadings and combining similar options.
                    - I also see that the tracknumbering of multi disc albums has changed. Now starting with 101 and thus more consequent discnumber+tracknumber combination. Very nice.
                    - And the album art also displaying in high res when browsing the collection.

Wil do some more testing to experience the improved speed and better detection of changed folder.jpg.

Comment

• vilsen
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
                      The source between Windows and Linux/NAS/Mac is separate, so it would be either or, and backported before release, that is the reason, we get more feedback for the other releases combined.
                      Ok, that makes sense. Actually, my impression is that the linux versions need a little more care than the windows version.

Comment

• simes_pep
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by simes_pep
                        Installed on RPi2 (32-bit ARM), rescanning of entire library was certainly faster with r8 structure.
                        Noticed some new settings, namely &*8220;Fill missing Album Artist tags&*8221;.
                        Will advise, as library changes and changes are picked up.
                        Thanks, Simon
                        All rebuilt, picking up new items nicely but not seeing any performance improvement, but the RPi2 platform is s 10 year old device, with limited CPU power & RAM - but once the library is built is does what it needs to & works well.

Comment

• Arnold
                          • Mar 2016

Hi Peter,

Under Display Settings there is the option "Multi-Disc Albums show as '[Disc] [Track] [Title]'".
                          I don't see any difference in ticking or unticking this option.
                          With this new Asset release tracks of multi-disc albums (with disc number also set) are always presented as 101, 102, ..., 201, 202, ...

Under Indexing Settings is the option "Multi-Disc Album".
                          When I make a change in this setting, Asset restarts and does a "clear database and rescan all folders".
                          This takes almost 10 minutes for my collection (fast Synology DS and 30k+ tracks).

What does "Leave Album Tag Untouched" mean with "Multi-Disc Album"?
                          When selecting this option, all of my multi disc albums are displayed as seperate albums for each disc (with each disc in a seperate subfolder and regardless of whether disc number is set or not).
                          Last edited by Arnold; 02-24-2024, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

It would be the album name which has that added.

Check your ID tags have disc 2/2, etc and the track numbers are not 101, 102
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vilsen
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Arnold
                              What does "Leave Album Tag Untouched" mean with "Multi-Disc Album"?
                              When selecting this option, all of my multi disc albums are displayed as seperate albums for each disc (with each disc in a seperate subfolder and regardless of whether disc number is set or not).
                              Presuming (and hoping) that "Leave album tag untouched" still means the same as in the previous (windows) version, it means that the ALBUM and TRACK tags are indexed as is (=no change) and DISCNUMBER is ignored.

So if your multi-disc albums are split, perhaps their ALBUM tags aren't identical for all sub-discs or you have "Album defined by folder" ticked?

There was a discussion about the "Multi-disc album" setting here - much of it irrelevant now but you might pick up some hints.
                              Last edited by vilsen; 02-25-2024, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Arnold
                                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by vilsen
                                So if your multi-disc albums are split, perhaps their ALBUM tags aren't identical for all sub-discs or you have "Album defined by folder" ticked?
                                Hi,

Yes, I use the "album defined by folder" with the option "auto ...".
                                Because I have several classical albums with same work, same conductor, but different recording dates. When I don't tick this option, all these are scrambled together as one album. Not good.

Asset does not work good with multi-disc albums.
                                I have previously send a PM to Peter with my findings.

"Multi-disc album"
                                With single disc albums I don't use the disc tag.
                                With my multi-disc albums I use the disc tag and I make sure that the album title is identical for all discs in the multi-disc album. For each disc, the tracknumber starts with 01, 02, ...

When I choose "Leave album tag untouched", the Multi-Disc album is split into separated albums for each disc with each album an identical album-title.

When I choose "Combine Multi-Disc as one Album", then combining indeed is the case. But only if the subfolder name for each disc is named "Disc x" or "CD x" or similar. If the subfolder name is free format text, then combine does not work and each disc is a separate album.
                                With this "combine" option the tracknumbers for disc 2 and further are always changed to 101,102...201,202.. etc.
                                So, it's strange that the subfolder naming has influence here.

"Multi-disc albums show as"
                                This does not work. Whatever option I choose, prepending disc number to each track title is not done.
                                I guess this is all not yet fixed in this version.
                                Which is a pity but no big deal. I'll be patient.

Comment

Working...

]]>