title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems accessing Asset on Synology DSM7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark K
    • Dec 2023

Problems accessing Asset on Synology DSM7

I replaced my NAS with a Synology DS223j running DSM7. Initially Asset ran okay, but the indexing of my library had many albums producing multiple duplicates making playing them impossible. I uninstalled Asset and then ran it again - this time only a limited number of composers show with errors in the indexing showing different albums under the limited number of composers and many fewer than the 3000 or so albums that are stored on the NAS. I can access all of these using the native Synology indexing (but with the inherent limitations of this). After Asset has been running on the NAS for some time, it seems to stop working with the Naim streamer app that I am using. Does anyone have a solution to this please?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problems accessing Asset on Synology DSM7

On the asset configuration page, what library location is set? there should be only 1 location there.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mark K
      • Dec 2023

Originally posted by Spoon
      On the asset configuration page, what library location is set? there should be only 1 location there.
      Thanks
      I think the basic problem here is that I don't really understand the principles of what I am doing. I previously had a ZoneRipper acting as my NAS and running Asset effectively. I removed the ZoneRipper and added the Synology NAS, using your standard protocol with all the guidance on settings to install Asset on the Synology NAS. This resulted in a lot of duplication and corruptions. I have Asset installed on my iMac which is where I assume I edit the settings. I went there and changed the library location to the location on the Synology NAS, which Finder sees on my network (all hard wired incidentally)Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 10.20.12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	294734Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 10.20.58.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	294735. I think that Asset has either fully or partially scanned this library according to the Control Panel (attachment shown).
      I use a Naim streamer with the Naim App and this now sees Asset on the list of UPnP servers and allows me to access the library but then spools with no results showing. This is intermittent as if I try again it gets me as far as composer but then no further. I am at a loss to know where to go from here.
      I have rebooted everything to see if there is a problem with cache memory on the network but with no benefit.
      Thanks for your help

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Your screenshots are of asset running on the Mac, you should remove Asset on the MAC as it just confusing the issue. Then click on the configuration page on the synology (from the dashboard of the synology).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mark K
          • Dec 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 11.30.50.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	294736Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 11.30.29.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	294737
          Okay thanks. I have deleted Asset from the iMac.
          I am now looking at the Synology via the web portal and when I try to configure which I assume I do by opening the Asset icon, it directs me to a login under the name of Tarquin. I have no login under this name. Where do I go from here.

Apologies for being dumb.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Where is says URL click that one.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mark K
              • Dec 2023

Originally posted by Spoon
              Where is says URL click that one.
              All I get is a blank screen and then Safari cannot open the page.

Comment

• PeterP
                Super Moderator
                • Jul 2011

It appears that Synology is giving you a link using your internet (public) IP, instead of the local network area address. This will not work, Asset is not meant to be accessible from the internet.

I just wrote a help article about this scenario:
                In some scenarios, most commonly with Synology, the NAS operating system isn't presenting the Asset configuration link properly and Asset configuration cannot be trivially accessed. Note that you can NOT access Asset UPnP configuration over the internet. Your machine accessing Asset configuration must be on the same local

Comment

Working...

]]>