title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Genre Issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobSys
    • Apr 2022

Genre Issue

Hi...
    I'm using Illustrate Asset UPnP on my QNAP server. My streamer is a Cambridge Audio CXN (v2) and I use their StreamMagic app as the main interface. All software on the server is fully up-to-date with the latest versions.

When I select "genre" in StreamMagic (from Asset), I receive a message after some time: "failure to encue (genre)" Other options such as album, folder, artist, etc work fine.

Do I need a particular format for genre in the metadata. At the moment I'm using Mp3tag v 3.23 for all my music tags.

I have re-started Asset on the server but haven't (as yet) re-read the entire database...

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks,

Rob
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Genre Issue

The stream magic must be doing a specific search for genre, and Asset is not expecting it, currently it will not work.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobSys
      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Spoon
      The stream magic must be doing a specific search for genre, and Asset is not expecting it, currently it will not work.
      As it turned out, it appears that Asset will...

After I had re-started Asset on the QNAP server, the CXN started playing the genre selections - an hour or so later! I suspect that as I had never before opted for a genre selection, the system had to scan all of the tracks meta-data before it could play the selection... With some 1200+ albums on the server, it obviously took a while...

Thanks Spoon...

Rob

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by RobSys
        After I had re-started Asset on the QNAP server, the CXN started playing the genre selections - an hour or so later! I suspect that as I had never before opted for a genre selection, the system had to scan all of the tracks meta-data before it could play the selection... With some 1200+ albums on the server, it obviously took a while...
        Are you shuffling from the Genre index?
        Assuming you are, if you select your genre first then shuffle from the Title index (ideally without A-Z grouping) it should be much quicker.

EDIT: Or even better use Jukebox Track Selection if that works for you.
        Last edited by simbun; 01-14-2024, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>