title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Software requirements to batch rip with Sony VAIO VGP-XL1B?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Schryver
    • Jan 2024

Software requirements to batch rip with Sony VAIO VGP-XL1B?

What, exactly are the required software packages to allow batch ripping from the Sony VAIO VGP-XL1B changer. I would like to rip all cd's in the changer to mp3, get metadata and cover art with minimal user intervention if possible. I would also like to keep the cost as low as possible due to the fact of only ripping about 800 cd's and that's it, but I don't mind paying for something that works well. I will be using a W10 Pro computer, do I need any special drivers for the changer to work with dbpoweramp? Do I need the legacy 1394 driver installed?

Thanks for help/info!

Don
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Software requirements to batch rip with Sony VAIO VGP-XL1B?

You would probably need Windows XP, the drivers for the changer would not likely work on Windows 10.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Don Schryver
      • Jan 2024

Where would I get the drivers?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It could be Windows XP recognises the drive automatically.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GBrown
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Don Schryver
          What, exactly are the required software packages to allow batch ripping from the Sony VAIO VGP-XL1B changer. I would like to rip all cd's in the changer to mp3, get metadata and cover art with minimal user intervention if possible. I would also like to keep the cost as low as possible due to the fact of only ripping about 800 cd's and that's it, but I don't mind paying for something that works well. I will be using a W10 Pro computer, do I need any special drivers for the changer to work with dbpoweramp? Do I need the legacy 1394 driver installed?

Thanks for help/info!

Don
          There was a previouis thread with info about this product here.
          if windows recognizes your changer as a device with no driver, and batch ripper doesnt see it, follow these instructions: http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Firewire-1.htm :)

Comment

• Don Schryver
            • Jan 2024

The changer seems to work fine with the Microsoft Legacy 1394 driver installed and configured in W10. Problem now is that CD Ripper only sees the first CD loaded in the changer drive, it doesn't seem to load all the other disks. I can rip that 1 CD just fine but I don't see any way to configure batch-ripping of more than 1 CD. Am I missing something or is CD Ripper not capable of batch ripping? I did read all of the help file and still can't figure this out.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You would install the Batch Ripper 'Media Changer' driver then configure the drive as that in Batch Ripper, do the test load and unload.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>