title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Direction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Direction

I am pondering the direction dBpowerAMP needs to take, at the moment we have:

Music Converter
    Aux Input
    CD Writer
    Audio Player
    Sveta

I think it would be prudent to wrap up all those into one nice program, an audio suite - improve the interaction between all programs (all built around an improved My Music Collection). I might also change the registration of the paid for parts - make it cheaper for only 1 version, ie if you buy MS Word 98 you upgrade to MS Word 2000. Really all the programs need building from the ground up from fresh (make them so they can accept multi-lingual, and Unicode tags - dMC can, sort of (unicode tag editing will require a Windows 2000/XP only release), dAP cannot). This is long term (there are enough short term jobs for me to be busy for the next 4 years..., but the long term view has to take preference).

The Music Converter will always need to be available seperately, the other 4 could become one program?
    yes
    66.67%
    no
    33.33%
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Direction

The Music Converter will always need to be available seperately, the other 4 could become one program?
    yes you got my vote on combining the awsome foursome together :D

how would you incorporate sveta and dcw being shareware?

Comment

• RossRoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2003

Count me in for that all-in-one package! :D

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

yes, this could be interesting.... it could make a more stabile base (not saying that it's crashing or something). only it is a lot of work... but it could be worth it...

Comment

• JVILLAS
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2002

Hi Spoon, I agree the converter should remain seperate. Are you suggesting something like that found with winamp where there a Lite, Standard, and Full versions available for download?

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Lite, Standard, and Full versions available for download?
            hey that's not a bad idea...

Comment

Working...

]]>