title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP unRAID Docker Installation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mecon96
    • Mar 2013

Asset UPnP unRAID Docker Installation

Hello,

I have been a long registered user of Asset UPnP, running on Windows. I have recently set up a new unRAID server and I am keen to move my music library from Windows to unRAID. I am still learning as I go along.

I looked everywhere on setting up Asset-UPnP Docker on unRAID 6.12.4. I understand that there are instructions on installing linux on unRAID but I like the idea of using it in a Docker container.

So far, the one docker pull I found that installs the latest version Linux64 R2023-05-15 is "ckware/asset-upnp", which I have managed to get it to install yesterday and running. However, it's only a trial version - when looking at the web UI (UPnP_Server_IP:45537), it shows "Version: R2023-05-15 [Linux-x64]; Functionality: Trial 30 Days Remaining".

There is also a "Registration" tab on the web UI, which I put in my order number (as I would to download a new registered installer), and when I clicked "Set", I got "Order number accepted". As I got it to install yesterday, today it is saying "Trial 29 Days Remaining."

Please can someone tell me, does this Registration tab work? Or how can I replace this with the Asset-Linux-x64-premium version?

Thanks in advanced.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP unRAID Docker Installation

You first have to install the registered version by downloading it from the Registration retrieval:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mecon96
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      You first have to install the registered version by downloading it from the Registration retrieval:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/
      Thanks Spoon.

So do I remove the docker I have already installed first, then follow these instructions https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...sset-Specifics, and then reinstall the docket from ckware/asset-upnp?

Comment

• mecon96
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/
        Thanks Spoon.

Sorry, do I remove the docker I have already installed, download the registered version following these instructions: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...sset-Specifics, then reinstall the docker from ckware/asset-upnp?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The docker would already contain the trial version?

if so you have to locate it and replace the binary with the extracted registered version.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mecon96
            • Mar 2013

Thanks. I did try to do that initially but I got stuck copying stuff from the 'host' to the 'docker', didn't think it was possible, and just needed a nudge in the right direction...

Got there in the end - phew. Unzip the registered version into the /opt folder, redo the link /usr/bin/asset to point to contents in the new folder, and it seems to be working now and showing "Functionality: Premium Registered".

Been using Asset-UPnP since v4 and still loving it. Good job!

NOTE: if you update the docker it will revert back to the trial binery. I can always update it manually now that I know how.

Comment

Working...

]]>