title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I manage and sync my Playlists.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nygren
    • Sep 2023

How do I manage and sync my Playlists.

Hello,

I keep all my music in a root folder and which I mirror to the various applications or devices I choose to listen to my music. I am looking for an app to manage my playlists. The paths are different to wherever I listen to my music so I need to know what you use to sync and manage this. Thank you!
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: How do I manage and sync my Playlists.

As long as you use relative paths in your playlist you should be fine.

Playlist Creator and MusicBee are decent options for playlist creation/management.

Comment

• nygren
      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by simbun
      As long as you use relative paths in your playlist you should be fine.

Playlist Creator and MusicBee are decent options for playlist creation/management.
      The relative path info is interesting but I need to be able to import an m3u or other playlist file and make the conversions? Thanks!

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

Do you have many, as it should be as simple as replacing the path in the playlist files with a relative one, although you may also want to change the back slash to a forward slash for compatibility.

You can also achieve this in MusicBee, although this is only really worthwhile if you're going to use it going forwards.

First you'll need to tell MusicBee where your library is (MusicBee > Edit > Edit Preferences > Library)

Then configure playlist settings:
        MusicBee > Edit > Edit Preferences > Library
        Set where you want the exported playlists to reside and pick m3u or m3u8
        leave 'use relative file paths' and 'use unix path convention' ticked

Optionally, change the path of the 'library playlists' (MusicBee's copy) but leave them as mbp

Import your existing playlists (MusicBee > File > Playlists > Import Playlists)

Then unfortunately it looks like you'll need to select each playlist in turn, right click and select Playlist Settings and enable 'automatically export a static copy' for them to be auto generated in future.

I personally find the MusicBee layout a little confusing so you may need some patience.

Comment

Working...

]]>