title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: improve low resolution artwork

  1. #1

    improve low resolution artwork

    Hello
    My artwork for 1000 CDs that I ripped using early microsoft player is too low for me. But perfect tunes is not upgrading it. it thinks its ok. It has found 5 tracks that it wants to upgrade. How do I tell it the minimum acceptable artwork size for me. Originally the artwork was high quality then microsoft program degraded it to lower quality.

    Also how do I find the artwork size. The files are all wav and they do have artwork but I think its stored in a folder somewhere as a .jpg

    Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,724

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    Are you sure that Microsoft has not embedded low quality artwork. Maybe the folder.jpg or cover.jpg is high quality and PerfectTunes sees this. But you are seeing the embedded art. Experiment with an album and remove any embedded art if it exists. Then see what art remains from the art file in the album subdirectory.

    ps never use Microsoft apps to play music or act as server. They can modify things like art without your permission.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    43,799

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    I think is 600x600, you can manually search albums individually by clicking fix.

  4. #4

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I think is 600x600, you can manually search albums individually by clicking fix.
    How can I confirm if its 600 X 600? I cannot fix 1000 CDs just don't have enough patience to click 1000 times but there may be some automation I can use here.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,724

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    Have you tried my suggestion.

  6. #6

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Are you sure that Microsoft has not embedded low quality artwork. Maybe the folder.jpg or cover.jpg is high quality and PerfectTunes sees this. But you are seeing the embedded art. Experiment with an album and remove any embedded art if it exists. Then see what art remains from the art file in the album subdirectory.

    ps never use Microsoft apps to play music or act as server. They can modify things like art without your permission.
    Yes I see the low res embedded are as blurry images in my squeezebox app. That how I know its not high quality. Now with a rip a CD with dbpoweramp or EAC the art is really great quality and I see that in squeezebox app.

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    43,799

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    it is 400x400

    The next update will increase to 600x600

  8. #8
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,724

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by drobinson View Post
    Yes I see the low res embedded are as blurry images in my squeezebox app. That how I know its not high quality. Now with a rip a CD with dbpoweramp or EAC the art is really great quality and I see that in squeezebox app.

    Thanks
    LMS/squeezeboxes will use embedded art first, even if higher quality art is in your folder.jpg file. That is why I suggested that you open an album and delete the embedded art from the files and see if the folder.jpg starts being used. You may need to do a clear and rescan in LMS for it to pick up change as it may cache the artwork.

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    260

    Re: improve low resolution artwork

    Quote Originally Posted by drobinson View Post
    Yes I see the low res embedded are as blurry images in my squeezebox app. That how I know its not high quality. Now with a rip a CD with dbpoweramp or EAC the art is really great quality and I see that in squeezebox app.
    Make sure you have enabled the option to view hidden files in you explorer, and check to see if WMP has added the thumbnail images there. These are very low resolution images. I would delete any of those, and disable the WMP beast.

    There is discussion on the MS support site about these found here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •