title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Ripper Trial/Registration Required?

Question Batch Ripper Trial/Registration Required?

I have installed dbPowerAmp Reference Trial (R2023.06.26) and am attempting to test Batch Ripper.

Every time I open the Batch Ripper or Batch Ripper - Configuration, I receive the following message.

This is a brand new machine/build (Windows 10 64-bit), I've tested 2 machines (including one that has certainly never had dbPowerAmp installed) and have also done a full uninstall/reboot/"Reset" utility.

I have tried running as admin, not running as admin, no change and both applications are confirmed installed to the same folder.

What am I missing?

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 10.15.22 AM.png

Administrator

Re: Batch Ripper Trial/Registration Required?

Latest release of batch ripper fixed this issue.

I upgraded my reference license tonight and then had to upgrade the batch ripper as well. I have the same issue as the OP. Appreciate your help solving this issue.

Follow up: my particular issue seems to have been an issue with Reference version 14.2 (or maybe is was 14.4). Although I had 17.7 installed, there were elements of 14.2 still installed, and this caused the installation of the batch ripper to think the license was unregistered. When I tried to uninstall all Illustrate products and start fresh, I found I could not uninstall the 14.2 version that was causing the issues. After some research, I downloaded a program called "Revo Uninstaller" and used that to wipe all traces of the 14.2 version from my computer. I then rebooted, confirmed 14.2 did not show in my apps list, and then followed the steps another member posted in the last couple years, and everything works now.

As a final side note, I never used the batch ripper with any version between 14.2 and present despite having upgraded at least three times in between, so the issue may have been present for many years from the time I upgraded out of 14.2 to present.