title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Ripper Trial/Registration Required?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike_d
    • Aug 2023

Batch Ripper Trial/Registration Required?

I have installed dbPowerAmp Reference Trial (R2023.06.26) and am attempting to test Batch Ripper.

Every time I open the Batch Ripper or Batch Ripper - Configuration, I receive the following message.

This is a brand new machine/build (Windows 10 64-bit), I've tested 2 machines (including one that has certainly never had dbPowerAmp installed) and have also done a full uninstall/reboot/"Reset" utility.

I have tried running as admin, not running as admin, no change and both applications are confirmed installed to the same folder.

What am I missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 10.15.22 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	297830
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Ripper Trial/Registration Required?

Latest release of batch ripper fixed this issue.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aggielaw
      • Dec 2011

I upgraded my reference license tonight and then had to upgrade the batch ripper as well. I have the same issue as the OP. Appreciate your help solving this issue.

Comment

• aggielaw
        • Dec 2011

Follow up: my particular issue seems to have been an issue with Reference version 14.2 (or maybe is was 14.4). Although I had 17.7 installed, there were elements of 14.2 still installed, and this caused the installation of the batch ripper to think the license was unregistered. When I tried to uninstall all Illustrate products and start fresh, I found I could not uninstall the 14.2 version that was causing the issues. After some research, I downloaded a program called "Revo Uninstaller" and used that to wipe all traces of the 14.2 version from my computer. I then rebooted, confirmed 14.2 did not show in my apps list, and then followed the steps another member posted in the last couple years, and everything works now.

As a final side note, I never used the batch ripper with any version between 14.2 and present despite having upgraded at least three times in between, so the issue may have been present for many years from the time I upgraded out of 14.2 to present.

Comment

• sadpanda
          • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Spoon
          Latest release of batch ripper fixed this issue.
          It's broken again for some reason.

New here wanted to demo before purchase. Download and install r2024.02.01 poweramp and r2023-8-21 batch ripper, getting same error.

Any ideas? Thanks.

fyi your email is down as well

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You have to have an active trial in dBpoweramp (check the control centre), both programs have to be installed to the same location, the email is valid here:

Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sadpanda
              • Mar 2024

Thanks for the quick response.

current ver of dBpoweramp is installed - control center shows un-registered trial 21 days remaining, music converter/cd ripper/batch converter all load appropriately

I installed both using defaults. I see /BatchRipper/ and Batch Ripper.exe in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp

Win10 pro build 19045

Re: email

Originally posted by gmail
              MESSAGE NOT DELIVERED
              There was an issue delivering your message to dbamp@dbpower.com. This is an 5.1.2 Error.
              This error typically means: The domain name of the email address is not valid
              Find out more information about this 5.1.2 bounce message.
              ¯\_(&*12484_/¯

Comment

• sadpanda
                • Mar 2024

ugh... post did not submit for some reason. Try number 2:

Trial installed and all modules working (convert/ripper/batch convert) - showing 21 days remaining

I used defaults for installation. I see Batch Ripper.exe in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp

Win10 pro build 19045

Re: email -
                MESSAGE NOT DELIVERED
                There was an issue delivering your message to dbamp@dbpower.com. This is an 5.1.2 Error.
                Last edited by sadpanda; 03-05-2024, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• sadpanda
                  • Mar 2024

ugh... So advanced posting is not working for me either. try number 3 ¯\_(&*12484_/¯

Trial installed and all modules working (convert/ripper/batch convert) - showing 21 days remaining

I used defaults for installation. I see Batch Ripper.exe in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp

Re: email -
                  MESSAGE NOT DELIVERED

Comment

• sadpanda
                    • Mar 2024

nm...

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
                    didnt catch that

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

The email is not @dbpower.com rather @dbpoweramp.com

What message is shown when running batch ripper?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sadpanda
                        • Mar 2024

Man too busy today. My bad on email... And on this thread.

I had multiple tabs open and I intended to respond to this thread: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...r-Batch-ripper

I get a window that pops up: dBpoweramp Reference Trial, Expired: registration required [Register]

Comment

Working...

]]>