title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

backgroun ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

backgroun ripping

Can DBpowerAMP rip in the background? ie. not keep activating its windows and popping up windows that stop me working on other programs while it's ripping CDs?

This is the only annoying feature of an otherwise excellent program.

Thanks

Karim
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: backgroun ripping

You can minimize this problem by unchecking the box to automatically add files to MMC (My Music Collection). You can then add files to MMC later.
    Hope this helps.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• drspy00
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2004

You get best results when not launching other applications whilst ripping anyway. I guess you have a superfast computer. not that mine is slow.

Comment

• Unregistered

When add to MMC is switched off the constant self-congratulating of DBpowerAMP is certainly improved, but it seems silly to turn off a useful feature to stop an annoyance.

Could this be made an option in some future reloease - that CD ripping can be done in the background and there is a small notification when the process has completed - or the CD just ejects?

Thanks

Karim

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You can set the CD to eject, you can also set dAP to auto look at a folder to add new files, say once a day.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 3dHeli
            • Feb 2009

Re: Background Ripping, using computer for other tasks

When background ripping, such as ripping 2 cd's at the same time, encoding, and browsing the internet, is the only issue to worry about speed/performance? Or would errors be more likely to occur?

Is the computer best left to rip one disc at a time, without user using computer for other tasks?

When using WMP to rip, I understand errors are more likely to occur when the pc pauses momentarily during ripping whilst doing another task.

I have, Q9300 quad core processor, 2 x SATA cd drives, 4gb RAM, Vista Business.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Re: Background Ripping, using computer for other tasks

If the system is overstrained then yes more errors can occur. A quad core machine could easily have 4x cd drives without breaking a sweat.

Even if there were problems, a secure ripper (such as dBpowermap) would highlight when there is a problem.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 3dHeli
                • Feb 2009

Re: background ripping

I installed R13.3, and could not work out how to make it rip from two local CD drives at the same time.

Do I need to run two instances of CD Ripper to do this ???

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Re: background ripping

Yes, install R13.4 from the beta section (it has a fix for 2 running side by side)
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>