title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

before any more feautures get added

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

before any more feautures get added

i would rather see Spoon add one very important feature before any more get added. and that's the ability to export settings and save them. so they can be re loaded at anytime when things go wrong. as it is getting to be a real task to re set everything up again. especially when you use the EQ change on the fly feature.

so some sort of Global export setting or at least an option in the various parts of dbpoweramp to export current settings.

1. dap -->export and import settings
    2. dmc -->export and import settings

what would it export?
    first things i could think of:
    1. EQ settings
    2. folder look out settings
    3. music collections setting
    4. MMC colum settings (preferences)
    5. etc etc...

of course this would be a real good powerpack option i mean i would pay double to have just that one feature

what do we all think?
    Last edited by Spoons; 06-07-2004, 12:18 PM.
  • ferris209
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2003

Re: before any more feautures get added

Great Idea! I'd love that becuase I run about 5 computers and have to set up each one. I think powerpack only all the way!

Brandon

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

and i just thought of another use. imagine if you could globally export all your dap/dmc settings and post them here if needed for support. then we could load the settings locally for analyzing.

the possabilites would be endless

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Great Idea. Sounds like it could be a very useful feature.

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you were to zip up your dbpoweramp folder and run regedit and export the illustrate folder (in hkey_current_user\software) that would be everything.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

your right, it does. but for the people who don't want to touch the registry and are lazy it still would be cool to be able to click on dap-->menu--> back up all :D and the more easier it is to backup and restore dap/dmc before installing and or changing codecs and or upgrades the better.

i use the bat! email client and it has a back up feature that backs up the structure of your email and all it's settings. it doesn't back up the email itself though. you zip that up seperatly.

Comment

Working...

]]>