title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripping with identical optical drives at the same time with dbpoweramp gives problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bretstar
    • Aug 2021

ripping with identical optical drives at the same time with dbpoweramp gives problems

Hello,
    First I did a search on this forum if there was a topic with this problem but couldn't find one. If there is such topic please tell me.
    My situation:
    I have 3 Lite-On iHAS124-14(FU) drives, so the identical ones. Further on I have a Teac and 2 different Samsung drives. From all these drives the Lite-On's are the most accurate and fast rippers. I don't use the others because of ripping issues.
    All the drives are extern and connected via USB3 to my PC.
    With the Lite-On and the Teac and the Samsung's it worked at the same time. However, the Teac and Samsung's sometimes had rerip frame problems. The Lite-On barely. The Lite-On was also much faster. A CD with rerip frame problems with e.g. the Samsung didn't have that with the Lite-On. That's why I bought 2 new identical Lite-On's. Unfortunately I can't use it at the same time with dBpoweramp because apparently they interfere with each other when ripping. There are all kinds of problems like not starting, crashing, endless rerip frames etc.
    The 3 Lite-Ons are connected to the PC via USB3.
    What could be the cause and is there a solution? Have I done something wrong or overlooked something? Is the USB3 the problem? Is there a possibility to give the 3 drives a different name in dBpoweramp?
    Thanks in advance for reading and thinking along.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ripping with identical optical drives at the same time with dbpoweramp gives prob

Likely how the drives communicate with USB, try putting on different usb controllers.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>